Bandai 1/350 Falcon

Jaitea

Master Member
Some 'little' mods:
IMG_5331.jpgScreen Shot 2017-12-31 at 20.18.03.pngIMG_5332.jpgScreen Shot 2017-12-31 at 20.17.47.pngIMG_5333.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Last edited:
Also, that post was meant to be jokey, not rude. :) Since you've done a very impressive job!

I dunno, Jaitea. You haven't drilled out the engine vents and replaced them with miniature Kool Shade. So clearly you're not giving this build your all.

;):p

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the comments guys,....been doing some painting,....still need to back it off a bit to try & blend it in

I was able to remove most of The Force Awakens details,.....extra pipework on sidewalls & the docking doors etc

IMG_5353.jpgIMG_5356.jpgIMG_5355.jpgIMG_5354.jpg

Too yellow on the sidewalls,.....as I said I'll back that off

IMG_5357.jpgIMG_5360.jpgIMG_5359.jpgIMG_5358.jpg

& undreside just started

IMG_5356.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Last edited:
I don't see any way that Bandai would do a 1:48. Not their thing. But I'm sure a 1:72 with two ventral plates you can swap out to make either an ANH or a later model is the dream. And possibly not an illogical product to release, what with the new Han Solo movie in the works. Depending on what look the producers of that movie go for.

Interestingly, on a side note, I noticed recently that on a closeup photo of the 5 footer as it stands today you can actually see part of the original ANH ventral pits through the tiny gap between the hull plating panels.

I don't see any way that Bandai would do a 1:48.

Oh, I know 1/48 won't ever happen, but it's my impossible dream. Like winning the lottery or good government. :lol

I think you're right. If Bandai were to ever release a 1/72, it would likely be in conjunction with the Han Solo movie. Fingers crossed.

I'm hoping that because of the availability of SW Bandai kits in US shops now that Bandai pushes forward with the 1/72,....there is always talk that the reason Bandai concentrated on smaller kits was to suit the Japanese market,....although....FM 1/72??

Very cool. How do you cut those tiny little windows?

The plastic is pretty soft & quite thin.....so with a magnifying lamp & a sharp scalpel blade....it really wasn't that hard

Trust me.....if there's an easy way to do something,....I'd try that way

John

Thanks very much Blake,...I used my traditional grey car primer,...then Vallejo white & deck tan,....although I normally mix them 50/50,...I did it around 70% white.....i also added a very small touch of Mr Hobby tan.....just to warm it a little

The darker panels I just used the same mix but added a small drop of black,...just to shift the shade

I have given the model a quick blast of the base colour again yesterday, just to back off some of the yellow rusty areas & tone down further the grey panels

Pretty happy with this wee kit....going to figure out the lighting & power

John

Your colors are perfect!

I'm sure you've seen the Docking Bay 94 diorama that guy did with one of these...
I want to love his diorama, but his Falcon colors look so off to me, it throws the whole thing off.
Your Falcon on his base would be amazeballs. I don't suppose you're considering a similar diorama?

Your colors are perfect!

I'm sure you've seen the Docking Bay 94 diorama that guy did with one of these...
I want to love his diorama, but his Falcon colors look so off to me, it throws the whole thing off.
Your Falcon on his base would be amazeballs. I don't suppose you're considering a similar diorama?

Thanks Axlotl very much,...yes I saw that build,....that was the one that pushed me to carve our the windows.....I would really like to do something......perhaps the Falcon reversing out of the Death Star Docking Bay

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-10929.jpg

.....or a forced perspective dio of the approach to the Bay,....I have a turret from the A-Wing kit:

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-7624.jpg

J

Ok some more done

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 07.35.41.png

The back wall is a bit of PE I had ,....I sprayed it black.....put a decal of cockpit dials over an open section....& a white decal over another,...so hopefully it will look ok when it's lit from behind

Top amp Bottom.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back