ROTJ Rebel Pilot deleted scenes

Yeah, I do remember that from somewhere, that the Falcon actually had a full crew for that final mission. For the first and only time in the entire series so far.. hehe.

very cool! I've seen bits and pieces of the falcon scene before, but this shows much more! i like the rebel solider fixing the electrical problem in the floor

All the rebel soldiers running around the 'Falcon. What was all that about?

Damage control during the assault on the DS.

I thought it was damage control at first, but they're running around with blasters. One guy has a large blaster that the Hoth troopers used, and the others have rifles.

I've seen stills of a lot of this stuff, but not of the alien pilots. It's also interesting that the A-Wing has a targeting computer! I don't think that has been mentioned in any form before. I have to say though that first female pilot was awful. Now wonder they redubbed the voice! She sounded like she was just flatly reading everything!

Neat! In the original version of X-wing, up through the DOS CDROM version, the pilots you created would be assigned a picture. So, most of the Rebel pilots, even the ones that didn't get used, wound up appearing. I can see why the two initial pilots wound up on the cutting room floor, though. Their line readings were fairly anemic. I kept watching and thinking to myself, "Come on! Pretend! Imagine you're in the middle of this huge space battle. HOW WOULD YOU REACT?!" Also the "American" accent by the older female pilot was...not the best.

Last edited:
Not having Admiral Ackbar yell out, "Its a trap" would be just disastrous.

Yes, well, that bit made it into the film. :p General Madine had his own ship, but all of his command stuff got cut. From how they were all pretty much just recording the same bits, its apparent they were just getting raw material from which they'd pick and choose in the editing booth. I don't blame them for leaving out the more lackluster performances -- but I wish the Mon Cal and the Sullustan had made it in.

As for weapons for the Falcon crew, I imagine they had them in case the ship got boarded. The older gunner, BTW, was identified in the EU as a younger version of the head of Alliance Intelligence in the old West End Games RPG, Airen Cracken:

latest?cb=20080809143406.png

That's one bit I hope doesn't get overwritten.

--Jonah

Their line readings were fairly anemic. I kept watching and thinking to myself, "Come on! Pretend! Imagine you're in the middle of this huge space battle. HOW WOULD YOU REACT?!"

That's pretty much what real radio chatter from combat pilots sounds like, though.
They're trained to keep their cool under pressure, to speak clearly and concisely, and not to shout over the radio.
Combat pilots don't panic - their gears are turning a mile a minute trying to solve the problem and save their lives until the very last moment.

That's pretty much what real radio chatter from combat pilots sounds like, though.
They're trained to keep their cool under pressure, to speak clearly and concisely, and not to shout over the radio.
Combat pilots don't panic - their gears are turning a mile a minute trying to solve the problem and save their lives until the very last moment.

Well, that's not the only way to convey that you're in combat and not out for a Sunday drive. They could speak with more tension in their voices, more concern, etc. It seemed really blase and every line was read almost the same way.

They were all getting overdubbed anyway, though, so inflection wouldn't have been a big concern. Expression and body language, however...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back