K-2so build

Got some work done on the armature

Mostly from a drill and an old washing machine...

IMAG1470.jpg

The chest is coming along so I couldn't resist hanging it on...

IMAG1482.jpg IMAG1474.jpg IMAG1475.jpg

I have an existential question...Does anyone know if K2 actually exists? Obviously the Rogue One character is CGI but did they actually build a prop, a macquette, proof of concept kinda thing?

Working on the Shoulders and Rotators...

Cut up a broken extension reel for shoulder hubs and riveted them onto the torso shell

IMAG1484 (1).jpg

Then added some studding to adjust the torso height

IMAG1486 (1).jpg

Finished painting and weathering the rotator and added the 3D printed cone thing

IMAG1488.jpg

Fitted some 'Hexopod' tubes and mounted the shoulder bell

IMAG1492.jpg IMAG1490.jpg

Just need to copy on the other side and print some Imperial cog stickers for the shoulders and it's on to the torso...

Last edited:
Got the Pelvis/Torso, middle part of K2 finished.
Maybe taking a few liberties with the accuracy but it's difficult to find definitive shots of this area...I mostly went for the right feel

Very satisfying actually finding a use for those pesky filament spools

IMAG1497.jpg IMAG1498.jpg

Added the larger Hip cones and kitbashed some nice greeblies

IMAG1513.jpg

IMAG1520.jpg

Sat the Torso up a little higher so he would be as tall as possible and more kitbashing and whatnots
Also built in some threaded rods and fitted some Alu extrusion that will sit inside the main body shell and give me something to anchor the main spine onto so I can move him in 2 halves
IMAG1523.jpg IMAG1526.jpg IMAG1525.jpg IMAG1528.jpg

it's LEG time...and what extremely long legs they are

They are made up of several parts; foot and toes/ankle joint and shims/lower shin/upper shin/knee joint and shims/thigh/thigh plate/hip ring...x2!

Here's the thigh having the Aluminium plate fitted/painted and weathered

IMAG1529.jpg IMAG1531.jpg IMAG1532.jpg

And the finished legs assembled. There are 30x30 Aluminium extrusion rods screwed to the heavy steel plate, with 10mm threaded rods tapped through the joints

IMAG1537.jpg IMAG1542.jpg

Next step is to fix a pair of steel rods to the leg posts and mount them through the pelvis

Small but significant update...the legs are now connected to the body!

There was quite a lot of fiddling to do to get the spine to line up...he does not have a straight spine and, looking from the top, his neck is offset forward of the centre line of the chest

Anyhow, he lives...or at least, he stands...on his own, unaided and with no external means of support

IMAG1557.jpg IMAG1556.jpg IMAG1553.jpg IMAG1555.jpg

Pretty happy with how he looks...on to the arms

Last edited:
This is frankly incredible from every angle. I can't believe how fast you've done this. He looks fantastic.

I assume you have access to commercial 3D printers as the torso is huge!

I'm speechless.

Could you give some details on those "hexopod tubes"?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hey Carsten.They are just metal tubing I had lying around with 8mm studding pushed thru and steel stuffing glands to anchor

- - - Updated - - -

This is frankly incredible from every angle. I can't believe how fast you've done this. He looks fantastic.

I assume you have access to commercial 3D printers as the torso is huge!

I'm speechless.

No it's just my trusty old Ultimaker 2 and an awful lot of bondo/sanding/priming etc

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back