Titanfall 2 Jack Cooper Build

Evolver79

Titanfall 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. That being said I decided to make my own pilot.
IMG_0200.jpg

I'm using the McFarlane statue as my biggest reference point.
IMG_0214.JPGIMG_0215.JPG

The first part of the build, like a lot of people's, I purchased the Vanguard edition for the helmet. Normally I would've preferred
to make my own helmet, but you get a lot for your money.
IMG_0216.JPG

The next part I've made are the shoulder and knee pads. I found out the hard way the surface of knee pads are
made to slide. Because of that, my first attempt of painting was wasted because none of it stuck.
I found coating the pads with Plastidip fixed that issue. Credit: my wife made the stencils.
IMG_0203.JPGIMG_0211.JPGIMG_0212.JPG

More to Follow!

Those kneepads look like they came out great. Plastidip is not a bad solution, but it is designed to eventually peel, so I would be a little concerned about the durability of the paint you lay overtop. That said, maybe the battle-damage that comes from wear will make them look more authentic, who knows!

My advice with cagey plastic like that is to sand the surface with some rougher grit (like 220) to give it some more 'tooth' to hold the paint.

Watching your work with interest, though. The torso armor is the thing I'm really scratching my head about, but I'm assuming it's the kind of thing that could be done easily enough with EVA foam.

I have finished one of the gloves so far. I may switch to a different glove down the road.

Attachments

• IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,366
  • IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,197
  • IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 564
Those kneepads look like they came out great. Plastidip is not a bad solution, but it is designed to eventually peel, so I would be a little concerned about the durability of the paint you lay overtop. That said, maybe the battle-damage that comes from wear will make them look more authentic, who knows!

My advice with cagey plastic like that is to sand the surface with some rougher grit (like 220) to give it some more 'tooth' to hold the paint.

Watching your work with interest, though. The torso armor is the thing I'm really scratching my head about, but I'm assuming it's the kind of thing that could be done easily enough with EVA foam.

Thank you. I'm watching your build as well. My plan is to use EVA foam for the chest armor. I'll post pics when I start the process.

Now that's impressive, especially from a black base suit. I was always under the impression spray painting fabric would leave the material feeling crunchy and awful. Mind sharing what fabric paints you ended up using? Were the actual 'spray' paints something like krylon/rustoleum/duplicolor rattle-cans? Were they just used for a bit of weathering, or how heavily did you lean on them versus the fabric paints?

I started with a layer of fabric paint, see pic, then added a layer of Valspar Radient Red. The fabric paint is about three times the cost per can.
IMG_0237.PNG

I started the data knife as well. I bought the raw cast from Shirropi. I've sanded it and have made the light which will go inside the handle for the display. More pics to come.
IMG_0235.JPGIMG_0236.JPG

Love this! I've been slowly working this costume as well, I went with a khaki flight suit and dyed the crap out of it with a maroon and red dye combo. Almost the exact same route with the pads and gloves though;). I did find a cheap "tactical" vest on eBay that I was able to modify a bit and then added some 3D greeblies I had printed. Look forward to your progress!

Having never worked with EVA foam before: That looks terrific. Do you not have to curve the shapes and then glue everything together? I would assume that creating the chestplate and then bending it would make some of those parts pop off.

Having never worked with EVA foam before: That looks terrific. Do you not have to curve the shapes and then glue everything together? I would assume that creating the chestplate and then bending it would make some of those parts pop off.

I used a heat gun for the curve, the parts stayed together without issue. I'm painting it, but going to Orlando for a week. I'll post pics once complete.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back