Romans graflex group ideas

Right, I was using too much abrasion. I knew not to sand the main body, but had no idea the clamp and ears also had a coating that could be removed. My bad.

when "sanding" the bottom of the tube, do you guys go in all kinds of random patterns? keep it a swirl? or keep the grain all 1 way? any photos of the dulled down versions?

Are there any kinds of double sided tape to avoid when attaching t-tracks to the flashgun body? I used permanent Scotch double sided tape. Let me know if anyone thinks it will eat through the finish or cause other damage. I'm not concerned with the adhesive not being strong enough. The saber is for display and I have handled it quite a bit and have yet to see one come loose. Feels fairly permanent.

http://m.staples.com/Scotch-Double-...-2-inch-x-250-inch-1-inch-Core/product_649280

Mine came already done at some point down the line. It was all done one way just as if you were brushing the metal.

IMG_8454.JPGIMG_8455.JPG

The photos dont show it super well, it looks much better here in person. I hope they help though!

You can also see just how uneven I applied the grips, haha. I love it though!

when "sanding" the bottom of the tube, do you guys go in all kinds of random patterns? keep it a swirl? or keep the grain all 1 way? any photos of the dulled down versions?

Sorry for the crap photos! Lighting inside my house isn't great. I finally got my Romaflex TFA finished up! Got a stand from Etsy, and love how it looks!

While I actually ordered the cut style clamp cover from Roy, I got the stamped and you know what? I actually don't mind it. I still think the cut looks better, and who knows.. maybe I'll pick up one in the future. Just gotta make extra certain the right one gets sent. :lol I also skipped the bottom cover as it didn't fit quite right and I like seeing the stamp.

The grips are just the rubbery ones from the custom saber shop, and screws instead of rivets because I like them. :)

IMG_0509.JPGIMG_0510.JPGIMG_0513.JPGIMG_0515.JPGIMG_0516.JPG

Waiting for rings to come back in at Roy's shop and a couple of other misc. parts, including blade holders from Roman, and making a couple of ESB sabers with crystal reveal, detailed chassis sound/LED FX. Abrasive pad to the outside plus some paint-based weathering. I'll oxidize pins separately.

Are there any kinds of double sided tape to avoid when attaching t-tracks to the flashgun body? I used permanent Scotch double sided tape.

That consumer-grade tape should be pretty weak compared to 3M's industrial and automotive stuff, so it's doubtful you'll ever have any issues with the plating because of the tape.

This is my Roman Graflex with changed brass pins, brass contacts and red button from TGS. During the assembly, tiny springs have fallen out...someone knows where these sit? Maybe behind the brass pins? Thank you very much :)

This is my Roman Graflex with changed brass pins, brass contacts and red button from TGS. During the assembly, tiny springs have fallen out...someone knows where these sit? Maybe behind the brass pins? Thank you very much :)

[url]http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/mz1989/IMG_5862_zpsu5gdsxkm.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/mz1989/IMG_5863_zpsrxwqmoe3.jpg[/URL]

On vintages the two sockets on the back where the reflector locks in have a little metal piece that sits on top of two small springs. These push up on the reflector to keep it tightly attached by the little hook that goes in the square hole on top. This is kind of confusing, but hope it helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On vintages the two sockets on the back where the reflector locks in have a little metal piece that sits on top of two small springs. These push up on the reflector to keep it tightly attached by the little hook that goes in the square hole on top. This is kind of confusing, but hope it helps!

Could also be the contacts that connect the pins electrically, they sit behind where the pins thread in

Could also be the contacts that connect the pins electrically, they sit behind where the pins thread in

In all 6 holes, or only 3? I have 2 fallen out and I think one is under the upper pin under the red button, when I see it correctly on mine. Thanks for your help :)

I have a TGS replica on order, so I'm going to use that for an FX conversion. For my Roman's, I'm going to keep that intact...sort of. I have a spare bottom so I can add ANH grips to that, while keeping the flash itself functional. Just need to figure out a stand, and get both a reflector and bulb somewhere down the line.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the ESB grips and extra red button. Hopefully the button will match the TGS replica, but if not, guess I'll be making a for sale post in the Graflex Addicts group or here.

anyone know the name of the tool that is used to remove the brass pins? KR sabers has a video somewhere but i can't seem to find the exact name of the tool or its sizes :cry

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back