Romans graflex group ideas

How were you able to slide the card into the clamp? I don't have enough space on my romans.

I got my Romans and am planning on converting it into a TFA saber.

Ive already hit the clamp with some scotch bright which did wonders.
Also took the red button off and hit the beer tab lightly with scotch bright as well to dull it down.

Filed down the knurls on the glass eye as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...4-1F4C-4C80-BEBF-911CFD9B8CE8_zpsosdlxtvb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...7-05D1-414B-8855-1AC46232BDF8_zpsutrlydiu.jpg

Now patiently waiting for clamp cover and grips from Roy.
So far things are coming along
nicely.

How were you able to slide the card into the clamp? I don't have enough space on my romans.

Sounds like you may need to unscrew the lever on the clamp a turn or two.

But first, before unscrewing anything-

What kind of card do you have?

Whats the width and thickness of the card?

Are you having a hard time folding down the lever after the card is in, or does the card not fit at all regardless of the lever position?

Here's my Roman Graflex Idea: quit bitching.

I mean LOOK at this thing!

Redoing the grips on my vintage so I put them side by side.

I really think the ones with bent ears or other problems are cyphers. Ones that didn't make quality control that Roman hissed-- which given that he's a one man shop and he had a **** ton of orders is totally understandable.

The only things I see that are off is the contact strip hun down (I pushed it up problem solved) and the rabbit ears are a couple mm longer (I don't care!)/

This thing is amazing.

RG1.jpg
RG2.jpg

I really think the ones with bent ears or other problems are cyphers. Ones that didn't make quality control that Roman hissed-- which given that he's a one man shop and he had a **** ton of orders is totally understandable.

The only things I see that are off is the contact strip hun down (I pushed it up problem solved) and the rabbit ears are a couple mm longer (I don't care!)/

This thing is amazing.

http://sethmsherwood.com/pretty/RG1.JPGhttp://sethmsherwood.com/pretty/RG2.JPG
No one is complaining. This was started to bounce ideas off each other and have fun.
You build looks fantastic, thanks for sharing. What version are you making?

This thing is amazing.

http://sethmsherwood.com/pretty/RG1.JPGhttp://sethmsherwood.com/pretty/RG2.JPG

very nice comparison photo! very artistic

Suspending the top half in an airtight container with some ammonia for an hour REALLY improved the brass pins! They look totally vintage now. The pic doesn't do it justice. They're nice and dull and brown.

Attachments

• 20170114_094037.jpg
    20170114_094037.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 147
I bought the full TFA kit from wannawanga. I can't even slide the card in place before clamping down. Like I might have to bend the teeth of the clamp outwards to make it fit?

Sounds like you may need to unscrew the lever on the clamp a turn or two.

But first, before unscrewing anything-

What kind of card do you have?

Whats the width and thickness of the card?

Are you having a hard time folding down the lever after the card is in, or does the card not fit at all regardless of the lever position?

I bought the full TFA kit from wannawanga. I can't even slide the card in place before clamping down. Like I might have to bend the teeth of the clamp outwards to make it fit?

your lucky. usually with graflex clamps ( anyones clamps ) you usually have to shim the card to get it to fit in there snug

I managed to get it to slide on by: 1) Removing the protective backing on the card :facepalm.. and 2) fully disassembling the clamp cause I had to install the clamp cover.. It marked up the card, but they're covered. I was really forcing it the card down.

your lucky. usually with graflex clamps ( anyones clamps ) you usually have to shim the card to get it to fit in there snug

I did.. And the clamp cover looks great. I don't have the gap that people are reporting on the Roman's clamp-only order.

Did you get the full tfa kit? How does the clamp cover look ?

I should really know this by now...

I'm still confused about the clamp placement on these. Sometimes the bunny ears point left, sometimes right (if clamp is facing up).

What is this? Are different versions facing different directions?

My Roman is opposite of my original.

I should really know this by now...

I'm still confused about the clamp placement on these. Sometimes the bunny ears point left, sometimes right (if clamp is facing up).

What is this? Are different versions facing different directions?

My Roman is opposite of my original.

I plan to be super annoying with my book now.. but...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=271961

Check it out. Variations explained.

Short version--

Looking at the base of the Graflex, with the bunny ears at twelve o'clock...

... in ANH it tends to shift whether it is from a scene shot in Tunusia, the UK, or promo material in California, usually between 2, 3, and sometimes 9. On screen, in most scenes it is seen, it is at nine o'clock.

Everywhere else in ESB and TFA it is at 3 o'clock, save for a few ESB promo images where it is flipped.

I managed to get it to slide on by: 1) Removing the protective backing on the card :facepalm.. and 2) fully disassembling the clamp cause I had to install the clamp cover.. It marked up the card, but they're covered. I was really forcing it the card down.

I did.. And the clamp cover looks great. I don't have the gap that people are reporting on the Roman's clamp-only order.

I think they are slightly different (besides the finish) I have both clamps, one being used for my unibody and the other came with the flash gun of course.
Can you post some photos when you are ready. I would love to see this romans tfa version. I am kinda thinking about making the jump (if I get a real graflex) also did you file your glass eye down?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back