Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 7/25/17

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 3/10/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Axe - Next, I completed the top cylindrical head of the axe using the mini lathe. I had to carve them in two separate pieces because the lathe couldn't take one big block of wood.

t6jBQJLh.jpg

XCr8FFnh.jpg

0xf4UqBh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 3/14/17

Frazetta death Dealer Axe - The blade pattern was traced onto MDF, cut out, and sanded to shape using my belt sander. These pics show the axe pieces together but not attached. They still need final sanding and shaping. But it's starting to look like Death Dealer's Axe!!!

bCGp9emh.jpg

Jle8oVKh.jpg

DWZvs5Xh.jpg

GoaL548h.jpg

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 3/15/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Axe - After the blade was shaped I attached it to the head of the axe. To make sure it wouldn't snap off before molding I decided to use a wood dowel to pin it in place.

bxXSnxvh.jpg

lA56s1ah.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 3/16/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Axe - After the blade section was attached I sprayed it with wood with filler primer and sanded it smooth. Once I felt it was as smooth as the filler primer would allow I sprayed on an additional layer of red rust Krylon primer and wet sanded it until it was like glass. These pieces will be molded and resin cast.

JWWG9Leh.jpg

kLwEHBlh.jpg

Attachments

• kLwEHBlh.jpg
    kLwEHBlh.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 106
Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 3/18/17

That's turning out awesome. I see people using that rust color primer, is there a specific reason for using it? Can you find it at a Fred.Meyer or auto parts store?

That's turning out awesome. I see people using that rust color primer, is there a specific reason for using it? Can you find it at a Fred.Meyer or auto parts store?

I just like the contrast between it and the grey filler primer personally. I get mine from Lowe's they finally carry it again.

The axe is looking awesome. It's going to look great with that excellent helmet!

Frank Frazetta Death Dealer Axe - Walled up the axe head to begin the silicone jacket. Once the 2 parts had fully cured I covered the mold with fiberglass and resin so that it would keep it's shape.

9wVBR5Qh.jpg

snutzw3h.jpg

fz4KLQYh.jpg

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 3/28/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Axe - I cut pour spouts into the fiberglass and filled it with Smooth-On Smooth Cast 300. I inserted a threaded rod into the head of the axe so that it could be taken apart for shipping to conventions

jfqLeQxh.jpg

KKnubjQh.jpg

W0BwgUvh.jpg

ntuHPkBh.jpg

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 3/30/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Axe - Started the staining process and I want this pretty dark so I know it will take several passes. Also I attached the spiked cap to the handle with a wood dowel and epoxy.

5Mi6lZNh.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back