Prop/Replica Theater Room

Are you concerned about light leakage from the windows? It could be an annoyance. I'm thinking about building a removable frame that would block out all light and still be light enough for a child to lift off to egress in case of an emergency.

TazMan2000

Easiest way to treat a window is to build a plug. You can remove it if you have to, but they seal up the window to be 100% light proof.

I'm not sure. Someone gave it to me a few years ago. It was free, so I took it ahaha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. Someone gave it to me a few years ago. It was free, so I took it ahaha

OK so it could be SD (480) or semi-HD (720 or 768)

If it were a true 1080, you would not favor a TV. I installed one for a guy where the projected image was 2000 mm tall and it was Constant Image Height, so no black bars.

He was not into props unfortunately.

What are doing with the top portion of the riser? In the last image, there was a couch up there. If this was my room, I'd move that couch and use the space for equipment and of course, props. Also it keeps space behind the listener and the back wall for better surround sound.

Easiest way to treat a window is to build a plug. You can remove it if you have to, but they seal up the window to be 100% light proof.

Exactly what I was thinking. But I want to use a seal around the plug that won't degrade in sunlight or leave stains on the white painted window frame. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not intending my question to derail this thread, so suggestions can be PM'ed to me. Cheers.

TazMan2000

Exactly what I was thinking. But I want to use a seal around the plug that won't degrade in sunlight or leave stains on the white painted window frame. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not intending my question to derail this thread, so suggestions can be PM'ed to me. Cheers.

TazMan2000

The big question there is - what doesn't degrade in sunlight?

Some wall coverings! 20170115_094014.jpg

Ok another boring update. Doing some mudding on the ceiling.

But I did finish the wood flooring walls!20170118_182203.jpg20170118_182230.jpg

The walls look great. Are you planning on putting up some sound attenuating panels to absorb some of the sound wave bounce off the hard surfaces?

TazMan2000

Ok, got some updates. Ceiling is painted and lights were installed. Cabinets have been screwed in place. Also got my speakers today and installed them.

I also got my electric fireplace and the shelving lights.

Tomorrow the fabric for my display walls will be here and then I will install the carpet which is sitting on my front porch.20170129_143434.jpg20170129_195313.jpg20170129_143514.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back