Demolition Robot Amok- Judge Dredd Diorama.

unbuiltnautilus

I was given a large computer controlled robot, very damaged and non-functional. The thinking being that I would use its various motor actuators in a radio controlled project. I could see different potential. Then it went into storage while I gathered the 'extras'. Thanks to company called Warlord Games, I was able to obtain a series of Judge Dredd themed, white metal gaming pieces at what I believe is 28mm scale, about 1/54 scale I think?
Starting with an elevated roadway, everything would be based around that. So, Sunday I started construction on this, using a mix of MDF, mahogany and flexi-ply. All screwed together and cut into an old speaker casing, saved from the bin just for this job.
Some damage was inflicted with a big hammer, then stabilised with cyano glue. Being MDF, it shattered in layers, just what I would expect from a 22nd century Plasteen roadway.
DSC09341.JPG DSC09342.JPG DSC09343.JPG DSC09344.JPG

Introducing the little white metal model of Dredd on his Lawgiver bike. The plan is to have him leaping off the bridge, at the robot, possibly blasting with his bike cannon as he goes. The quality of the castings is good, and I am looking forward to the assembly, and of course support strut fitting. The robot still needs a decent head, as the old one looked too much like a robot head, difficult to explain! Also some extra armour and hydraulic lines etc, will beef up the look of the beast

DSC09345.JPGDSC09353.JPGDSC09354.JPG

Last edited:
I am not happy with the replacement arm with the wrecking ball on just yet. The pose is a bit 'robotic' (!) also. But it's early days yet.

DSC09351.JPG

Last edited:
I started with 2000AD back at Issue 4, just in time for Dredd leaping off a flyover, firing at a run amok, giant robot ape..March 1977 I think, some ideas just take a bit longer to reach the worktop than others!

I hope I have sorted out the photo posting issues. Still not sure exactly what I am doing wrong though..

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back