First one off the bench in 2017! We had a few nice days so I got to paint. Here's R5-D4, the other half of the R2 kit I built over a year ago. Poor R5 had a bit of a rubbish time of things, and I've rusted him up a little after seeing some other builds that kicked the living force out of him and looked ace.
Sprayed in Tamiya and Humbrol acrylics (no airbrush on this one). The rust is painted on and the are some sand stains made with pastel chalks. All the decals were really annoying. The Bandai decals just seem to stick really badly... however that was quite useful for the head stripes, which I cut down from two pieces into six pieces for easy handling.
...And finally with his bro-bot R2. They make a good pair. These are such great little kits with a lick of paint!