Threepio Belly Wires?

KrangPrime

Master Member
Think I finally found a way to attach the car mat to threepio's chest without causing too much damage or going over board with glue, so at the very least his entire torso should be better off now and look a little more complete. but what wires do you use for this and where can i easily get them?

I guess it's easier to replicate the episode 4 look. episode 6 they totally changed the wires to pipes.

My ANH Tunisia wires. 1mm and 2mm wires, cable ties, rubber o rings, silver tape, and some old analogue telecom striped wires.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=225591&page=5&p=3516399&viewfull=1#post3516399

3p018.jpg

3p019.jpg

3p020.jpg

3p021.jpg

Just thinking how ingenious and different that was to have all those exposed wires there.

i just noticed that the mat goes left to right instead of up and down. i cut away the excess and through the rest out.. and i thought it went up and down. doh. may have to get more.

I'm pretty sure they are wires, or cables rather. They also go over the shoulders and around the neck attached to a 'yoke'. Rods wouldn't be flexible enough.

That's exactly what they do on my display as well. They are hooked onto the shorts.

Don Bies confirmed they are cables a while back. Only present in ANH.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back