Bandai 006 Millenium Falcon

sqbiedoo

Got myself a cool Bandai kit. It's a tiny but very detailed model and looks fantastic. It's a down sized version of the Force Awakens Falcon from Bandai only with the original round radar disc.
Here's some pictures of the top, depict against my modified Revell tiny "quick snap" kit showing the Bandai's even smaller.

Bandai on the right.
IMG_20170108_210545_zpsgocejjqu.jpg

IMG_20170108_210639_zpsgyh5nrhc.jpg

IMG_20170108_210735_zps5fmv5ppp.jpg

IMG_20170108_210751_zpsfrtbuvhp.jpg

IMG_20170108_210919_zpsghvxp03t.jpg

Will post more soon.

I just finished putting mine together this morning. Still need to paint. Gorgeous detail on this tiny Falcon. BTW it's the 3 gear ANH version.
Don Mac.

I just got mine in the mail five minutes ago! It's sooo cute! I think I'll just light the engines on this one.

A brief review/notes of the 1/350 "box" Bandai Falcon:

https://sites.google.com/site/millenniumfalconnotes/bandai-s-1-350-millennium-falcon

- - - Updated - - -

AFAIK, the sidewall details are also asymmetrical; the future of Millennium Falcon kits is in good hands.

The straight mandible sidewalls are now assymmetrical, which is great. So are the two underside maintenance pits.

Unfortunately a number of mirrored parts remain, with the curved rear sidewalls being the prime offenders. It's a big step up and improvement, though.

It is worth noting that the real 5 footer has almost mirrored sidewalls on the curves at the back,......they are basically the same if sitting beside each other but one is turned upside down when placed on the ship,....the wee Bandai kit uses TFA version for this which has a heap more pipework,....TFA details pop up all over this kit,...in the circular pits on the mandibles top & bottom & the docking rings,.....the pattern of the armour on the top surface is mirrored near the turret,....& theres a missing armour panel on the underside

sw_mos_mf_0022_zpsuwdz9mvz.jpg

_659236764188545_5474607987400772746_n_zps29ijqnx5.jpg

IMG_3399_zps6qpvt2sw.jpg

The walkway details look too high & are similar to the 32"

J

Last edited:
I'm lighting mine. I have the plastic engine panel trimmed out. I played around with stretching clear blue sprue from the bigger kit. I think it will work just fine.

Weeeeell, I'm not sure I'd say the 5 footer rear sidewalls are that close. They've got similar elements, but they're quite different.

I haven't finished my model yet, so this isn't 100% accurate, but they don't look like mirrors to me. :)

sidewalls.jpg

the pattern of the armour on the top surface is mirrored near the turret,....& theres a missing armour panel on the underside

That's true. I didn't really talk much about the mirrored panelling, partly because it's something that most people won't have memorised unless they compare it to a photo directly, but also because on the 1:350 model the panel lines are pretty difficult to see! Also, I guess, I'm less ambitious than you and I really don't want to fill and rescribe stuff, even on the 1:144 model! :)

Weeeeell, I'm not sure I'd say the 5 footer rear sidewalls are that close. They've got similar elements, but they're quite different.

I haven't finished my model yet, so this isn't 100% accurate, but they don't look like mirrors to me. :)

View attachment 697412

Nice tech drawings,....although.....

Those aren't the parts we are talking about...

This one appears to be the Port forward qtr,....below the dish

Port%20Dish.jpg

This one, quite rightly is one of the rear quarter walls,....the Starboard:

Starboard%20rear%20Qtr.jpg

But what I was talking about is the port & starboard rear quarters,.....which are (almost) exactly the same,.....or made to appear symmetrical

t%20amp%20Starboard%20Rear%20Quarters%20Comparison.jpg

So ILM & Bandai are entirely correct in making these two areas mirrored for TFA Falcon

J

Those rear quarter panels look like the same one, just flipped over. Is it possible they were cast? Or just used the two halves of some kit partsthat were split down the middle (more likely, I expect...)

Keep up the good work!

R/ Robert

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back