Leonardo WIP (Custom design)

I really wish i had REAL talent to do something like this from scratch. I have an eye for what i think looks right, or good. I can do somewhat decent 3D work.
But whenever I try to actually sculpt something it comes out worse than the other stuff :(.

one may think you could translate 3D tosculpt but it's a totally different set of hand movements :/.

I can't wait to see the finished sculpt.

I dabbled in 3D modeling in college many years ago. I was decent at it, but sculpting with real materials is definitely a different beast, though it's not as different as your mind wants it to be. You still have to understand forms and details and all that. The problem that I've found is knowing what tools to use and how best to utilize them. I've been using videos from the Stan Winston School and YouTube to help with that.

Built an oven for casting the gloves in foam latex over the weekend. It isn't much, but it should do the job (but if someone with experience has any tips to improve it, please let me know!). I still need to add the casters so it's off the ground (will use it outside) and a rack so the mold doesn't sit directly on the heater.

I also just finished sculpting the mask (for the third time). I like this one a lot, so crossing my fingers that making the mold goes well.

IMG_4243.JPGIMG_4245.JPG

Thanks!

Im working on the paint job this weekend. There was a tough start, but I've got it to a place a like. I'm having issues with the armpits (I did not apply latex there for breathability and am now kicking myself for the spandex color).

IMG_4275.JPG

Fuzz,you absolutely nailed it with this build:thumbsup especially the mask.
Looking forward to seeing the feet included as well.
Have fun at the Comic Con and I hope you get lots of positive reactions!

Thanks so much George. Your encouragement has been appreciated!

I've already had both a professional stuntman and an indie director get a hold of me independently wanting to do a TMNT short since I posted the completed suit last night. I'm just a guy building this in my dining room , making it up as I go, so its pretty overwhelming, lol!

Thanks so much George. Your encouragement has been appreciated!

I've already had both a professional stuntman and an indie director get a hold of me independently wanting to do a TMNT short since I posted the completed suit last night. I'm just a guy building this in my dining room , making it up as I go, so its pretty overwhelming, lol!

Does that mean you'll be in a movie before long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome-Con was fantastic. I fought heat exhaustion all day, but it was worth it. I also entered into the big costume contest and took home two prizes for Best Portrayal and Best Craftsmanship. Here's a few photos (as well as a shot of how I handled the feet).

IMG_4370.JPGIMG_4287.JPGIMG_4324.JPGIMG_4372.JPGIMG_4346.JPGIMG_4375.JPGIMG_4376.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back