Can anyone tell me if this Alien Egg is genuine or a copy

Spoons

Hi all,

I was kindly given this by someone and wondered if anyone can tell if it's genuine or not.

I think it's supposed to be a back ground egg from one of the Alien films.

ddd0aa08d2c6e33d3936cf68b89dc74e.jpg
82b1a4d599743843b097a2cd5276e766.jpg
6c7e01469f80dece38838bc8300c2a8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w out a certificate of authenticity know one may know unless you find the original prop maker. what's the back story??

From what I know they used eggs like this definitely in alien, they tiered the flooring and used smaller sizes of eggs to give the illusion the egg chamber went much further back than it really did. They were black and more basically sculpted as they were hardly visible in the shot.
So, it definitely could be a background egg from alien, I'd probably even sway towards that it is very likely genuine as not sure why anyone would make one like this, but I doubt you could ever really prove it.

From what I know they used eggs like this definitely in alien, they tiered the flooring and used smaller sizes of eggs to give the illusion the egg chamber went much further back than it really did. They were black and more basically sculpted as they were hardly visible in the shot.
So, it definitely could be a background egg from alien, I'd probably even sway towards that it is very likely genuine as not sure why anyone would make one like this, but I doubt you could ever really prove it.

Thanks for the info. I guess if there are any close up pics of the original ones it would give more of a clue. Or if anyone owns one the same and knows for sure where it came from.

- - - Updated - - -

w out a certificate of authenticity know one may know unless you find the original prop maker. what's the back story??

The chap that gave it to me bought it from eBay. It was listed as a screen used background egg. He wasn't that confident about it so offered to me as he was having a clear out. I'll have to double check the material when I get home.

Hmmmmm it maybe but then again if some one had an original the could of made mold and popped out fakes of real ones, and this would be from aliens the sequel when Ripley torches all the eggs, Can I ask what your friend paid? Let me dig up some of the original egg photus used also they were made of a resin.

compare photos, on eBay it could go for as high as 500.00 but with out authenticity it hard to say but its a good story and ist kool maybe knowing it could be..... it seems the studio was being trashed and these were all being thrown away and people grabbed them who worked on the set demoing. yours looks like the one on the rock pedestal a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

keep it out of sunlight FYI resin will become brittle in time

Attachments

• e5.jpg
    e5.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 145
  • e4.jpg
    e4.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 141
  • e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 159
  • e2.jpg
    e2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 153
  • e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 129
I'm sure there are a few here who might be able to authenticate it, hopefully they will chime in

The photos I supplied are original from the Movie Aliens they look like it its a matter of authenticating if that's what he wants for Monterey Value collectibles of this type is more personal if a die hard wants he would pay top

As I posted before I think there are a few here, ie, iirc, who worked on the film, that could Authenticate it. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back