New Affleck cowl I am prepping to mold

drftfan

Sr Member
It took a long time for me to really embrace the Affleck suit but I finally did. I decided to build myself one and am anchoring it with this cowl. I heard this was a scan of the SDCC cowl but I had someone with real knowledge debunk that. But I can say that detail wise it matches. And I also mean the VERY small things that most people will never see. So I don't actually know where it came from. Maybe it was the official scan prior to molding? I have no clue and I am not claiming anything. To me it is the most accurate one other than the hard master someone I know has but I don't think is making copies of. This is the first piece I have personally sent off to have it printed by shapeways (the Begins was printed through a third party). I shrunk the cowl down to fit a head right around my size so I am guessing up to a 23 inch head MAX. Probably closer to 22.5. I am very happy with the print. Currently it has been reinforced and had some of the print lines filled in with bondo. Next step will be primer, sand, primer again, a few coats of paint to get the texture I want then another coat of paint to make sure it is a flat black. Also my prototype Affleck muscle suit will be ready for pics soon.
0DEF9B65-CE1E-4F43-B26A-4E8DCF20177A_zpsdztodjg0.JPG
51A0C059-31D1-4AEB-9D6B-46228193944C_zpsg9hsut45.JPG
DE551330-2D3C-45BD-A6E7-FD99518CEB9D_zps5d4heepn.JPG

Thanks Matt. I ended up getting a second studio space officially today. So I will have a dedicated master, paint and mold area. Once my current lease expires on the small space i will shift into one large space.

Wow looks very neat. Any chance of some close up pics of the texture, it's somethings that took me absolutely ages to get to a point I was happy with on mine.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back