Arrow Season One Bow “Vigilante for Justice”

Just as the quest for justice is never ending so to is the tinkering with the bow.

The bow likes Easton 1820 arrows better than the Gold Tip Lightning. The Easton feathers survive longer.

Since I didn't like the painted acorn nuts. I gilded the painted nuts with gold leaf and then heavy wore the finish to match the aged and weathered chock.

Here is the bow with the gilded nuts and the black craft foam ramp behind the hinge.

Unfortunately the screen used bow didn't have weathered nuts and all attempts to get a high profile brass acorn nut failed.
I had considered ordering any size and re-tapping to 8mm but even those were shaped wrong.

Thankfully, I had recently seen on a civil war forum about brass plating using a propane torch and like the profile of my stainless steel nuts.
Nuts_Brass_3.jpg

Nuts_Brass_6.jpg

Nuts_Brass_7.jpg

Now I was to get a green and tan bow string to replace the current black and tan.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back