2017 SO CAL PROP PARTY APRIL 15th 2017!!!!! TELL EVERYONE!!!!!

Pictures

There were so many amazing creations. Here's the pod from one of my favorite films growing up "Explorers"

The Tested.com ranchor.

Movie cars.

K2 greeting everyone.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Some Star Trek: The Next Generation props.

Frank gave out an award this year and it went to this amazing rocket pack from Tomorrowland! Loved this piece.

Ghosbusters trap!

A lot of makers, builders and friends.

Really need to finish his waist.

Evil Teds Destiny inspired foam armor.

Reynolds Advanced Materials, you hear that! No more normal materials for us.

Flower puppet from MIB.

Rocketeer helmet!

Beautifully painted Star Lord props and jacket.

A ton of Star Wars props.

Tie bomber cutaway.

BB-8 head.

Animatronic vulture.

Star Trek props

Miranda class (probably the Reliant)

These intricate display pieces are commissioned 500 at a time by a wealthy client. Such a fun project!

3d printed pieces everywhere.

Puppet Fozzie and Gonzo.

The infamous HIC (Han In Carbonite) fridge.

Yo

Panorama of the room.

More 3d printed pieces.

Awesome magic the gathering layer cards.

At the end of the event Wall-E showed up.

My mouse droid got to come out and play with the robots.

K-2SO and friends

PS. If anyone was there and has pictures of K2 or VIDEO of when I walked around I would love to see it. Post here or DM me please.

Thank you Frank and Brad for putting this all together! Thank you to everyone for being so warm, welcoming, and inviting. BIG THANKS to everyone who brought out all of their cool projects, I absolutely loved it.

K2 looked great, especially in motion. I didn't get any video and wasn't in the best location, but here's the moment right before K2 murdered Norm.

P1010967 by jchristman, on Flickr

Thanks again to Brad, and Frank for hosting.

I'm still going through the rest of my photos, but everyone brought so much amazing stuff! It was great getting to meet some of you.

Jason

My thanks to Brad and Frank for hosting, as well as awarding my jetpack with the first Rusty Dremel award!

I am incredibly honored:

IMG_20170415_203354.jpg

For the curious, the group build thread is here.

Great Party and can not wait for next years....

Thanks to Frank for hosting and Brad putting this together. Jason was a cool guest in my car too, we talked quite a bit so great getting to know him along the way. Lots of cool things it was also great catching up with past members such as Amanda, Matt, Felcarb and especially Michael and Gary!!! To those who I did not meet and greet I apologize as Brad and Matt will tell you I am a bit shy around others, however once you get to know me I will talk your ear off. I also am going through some stuff that has my anxiety up a little.

There was a lot of cool stuff and great to see it all

Edit:

Totally forgot how great it was seeing my brother and friend Brad... I know he does not like praise so I won't flatter him with it but just say how great it was seeing and spending time with him again!!!

Last edited:
This was such a great time! Thank you to all who shared their incredible work and wisdom! It was such a great time. Mind = Blown!

Frank and Brad, thank you for hosting and putting together this. I had a wonderful time. It was a joy meeting everyone there and was some many wonderful props there. As this is my first time there i look forward to next year.

I shamefully forgot to thank @Chevyh0tr0d for going way out of his way to pick me up and get me to the party. I wouldn't have made it without his help (I was the guy wandering around with the broken arm). Thanks again buddy; it was great meeting you and I owe you one!

Here's video of that animatronic vulture in action. I LOVED this thing, and stills don't do it justice.

- Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
A big thank you to Brad and Frank for putting on another great prop party. Thanks guys! It was good to meet some great new people and see familiar faces. I also wanted to apologize to anybody I got distracted from mid conversation. There were so many people there and a couple times I was asked a question while talking to someone else.

I shamefully forgot to thank @Chevyh0tr0d for going way out of his way to pick me up and get me to the party. I wouldn't have made it without his help (I was the guy wandering around with the broken arm). Thanks again buddy; it was great meeting you and I owe you one!

- Jason

Haha Nope don't worry you do not owe me anything. It's partial Karmic payback for Brad driving me to and from SDCC 3 years ago!!!

It really was a great party. Lots of cool stuff to play with and great people to shoot the breeze with.
As mentioned by others a big thanks goes to Brad and Frank for the organization and location of the festivities.
It was especially heartwarming to see my son win the dremel trophy, makes a Dad proud.

A huge thanks to Brad for organizing and to Frank for hosting! A huge turnout with lots of friendly faces, new and familiar!

Here are a few pics below. I have over 230 photos that can be seen at PumpMagPictures.com

img-5704_1_orig.jpg

Frank Ippolito and Brad Fyfe present Nick Tierce with the RPF Rusty Dremel Award for his amazing Tomorrowland Jet Pack

img-5631_orig.jpg

The World's Largest Deliverable Pizza by Big Mamma's arrives!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back