Biffs cane, I mean old Biff.... from the future.

doppelganger

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well for Christmas I made my brother in law a John Hammond cane which nearly blew his mind and he said he might use it to wrap people on the the head like old Biff. So I said..... I'll make him an old Biff cane. His jaw dropped, so I thought I'd better keep my word. Looking through build threads I see that Irishamericanlad modified one originally commissioned by @Jedifyfe but I didnt see any finished pictures. Did it ever get finished? The last pictures in the thread look amazing and he was going to cast it in bronze. I wont do mine in bronze but I might do pewter after a few resin ones. Also if anyone has any good reference pics they would be greatly appreciated.

So here's my progress so far. I started about an hour ago and I think its coming along ok.

Can you tell what it is yet?...... Whoops.... can't say that anymore.

20170104_163229.png

20170104_164929.png

20170104_172321.png

20170104_175607.png

20170104_175708.png

Thats it at the moment. I'll clean it up a bit more then hopefully cast it tomorrow then work off the hard copy to get it right.

My wife asked me if I was going to make the rest of the Hulk!.... Hmmmm.

Anyway.... any and all help is always greatly appreciated.

Thats it for now. Gonna cast as is and then work on the solid piece when I comes out. BIFF H. TANNEN is straight by the way. Its just the way the flash hit it. That'll also get cleaned up post casting to make the master plug.

20170104_192842.png

20170104_192849.png

20170104_192856.png

Last edited:
I've been trying to find a John Hammond or Biff cane for a little while. Never can manage to track one down.

I used to want it for collecting, but now I find myself in actual need of a cane and would like to find functional versions of either.

Doppelgänger, yours will be awesome, and more accurate.. mine was a repair on a different one but yours in made from the ground up.

Mrsouthpaw, I have made real walking canes from time to time but doppelgänger is on a roll.. check with him on making one for you.. I bet you can get both versions in one catch :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my fist one in OOm condition. Now I can finish it nicely as its a more stable base than plasticine...lol. I'll get it how I want it and then make a master mold and get some cast up. Gonna do some cold cast bronze ones to start with and see how they turn out.

I'll check a finished one for strength and see if it COULD be used as a proper, walking cane as it has been asked about. It SHOULD be ok as it'll have a steel centre almost all the way upto the knuckles.

20170106_111439.png

20170106_111429.png

Ive machined the bottom section in my lathe to true it up and test fitted it to a cane (not the cane I'll be using as it has grooves on it but good enough for now).

This one I will use as a prototype to make sure it all looks and feels ok. I have pulled another 2 from the mold to make a master from..... I pulled 2 incase I bugger one up....lol

20170106_161119.png

20170106_161141.png

Right, heres my prototype. I know it shouldnt have rings on the cane but its what I had to hand (no pun intended). I have another fist that i'm going to improve and finalise then make a master mold.

20170109_174555_crop_638x106.png

20170109_174602_crop_331x201.png

20170109_174625_crop_191x198.png

They are still hanging around. Got so much on right now that they gsvevgonebonbthe back burner a little. I will continue with them soon.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back