Generic ROGUE ONE Rebel Trooper - Find/Modify/Build Thread

I saw one or two of the Scarif Rebels at SWCO on Sunday. I hope to see more as time goes by, feels like a lot of the fandom is dominated by baddies

Cool! I suspected there would be some. I just had not seen any. Did you snag any photos?

In other news, I am declaring the helmet (mostly) done! I might do a bit more weathering and some silver dry brush but the main construction and paint is done. If I get really bored I might try one of the unit stencils later but I have not decided which one I like best.

IMG_1336.JPGIMG_1334.JPGIMG_1332.JPG

I cheated on the "Death Sticks" and used adjustable shelf pins. They are a nice chrome metal and are maybe just a tad short but a package of them was only $2.99 at the hardware store so that is a win!

IMG_1335.JPG

Nice helmet! Did you put batting in the ridges?

The cover is from Mr. Mold Makers run in the Junkyard. They did a great job on the cover and the blast shield. It slipped right on and just needed a little weathering. They have a layer of batting inside to keep the ridges "poofy".

Long time, no post! So here is the update.

I have been working on the mold for the scope. It has been interesting...... My mold came out fine. My first pour, not so much. I had misaligned the mold and there was a leak. As in, ALL the resin leaked out!!!! It also left a weird, half cured resin residue inside the mold. I cleaned up all the resin, fixed the mold and then poured another slush cast of cheap resin to clean out the residue. It worked and the mold was finally ready for a real cast.

IMG_1337.JPG

Sorry no pictures of the spilled resin mess, I was way too busy trying to keep it for going everywhere to grab my phone.

So here is my first real cast, straight out of the mold!

IMG_1340.JPG

Also a few shots of it paired up with the blaster.

IMG_1342.JPGIMG_1341.JPG

Now to clean it all up and finish the painting!

Great looking setup OdiWan72 I have followed your blaster build and it is an awesome variant style. So much so, I feel the need to track one of those SMGs down to do my own mods. Well done!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping to get some finish painting done on the blaster tomorrow as it looks like it might be nice, instead of the SNOW and rain we had most of the week. I want to try the whole kit out for Free Comic Book Day so I only have a few days left. I don't have time to do a proper spat for the boots, but I do have a pair of vintage WWII double buckle cuffs off of a pair of boots that were beyond salvage.

IMG_1380.JPG

They seem to match the boots pretty well and will do just fine until I can sew a better spat.

IMG_1379.JPGIMG_1378.JPG

I dig the WWII double buckle gaiters(and actually have my eye on a set from Etsy).

They're a great look and I think they fit in well with the repurposed vintage military aesthetic feel of Rogue One.

There were a number of items to cross of this week in prep for Free Comic Book Day.

I took my tan cargo pants and dyed them a dark brown. The bonus was that it showed off the contrast stitching.

IMG_1384.JPGIMG_1386.JPGIMG_1387.JPG

I also added some silver drybrushing to the helmet.

IMG_1405.JPGIMG_1406.JPG

I also finished the blaster.

I started with the base black primer.

IMG_1392.JPG

I then added a layer of gunmetal rub n buff.

IMG_1393.JPG

Then I took a sponge and added a light brushing of silver paint.

IMG_1401.JPG

I took a number of swipes with the sponge and light pressure to the edges and surfaces. I had to refill the sponge with a few drops of paint about 7 times.

IMG_1402.JPG

....and we are done!!! (One last before and after shot!)

IMG_1400.JPGIMG_1403.JPG

I took the Scarif Rebel Trooper out for a test drive at Free Comic Book Day yesterday. My local 501st/Rebel Legion group was there so we had a nice, well rounded group.

IMG_1413.JPG

Overall, I like it, and it is very comfortable. I few little tweeks and a bunch of weathering and I will be calling this one done!

IMG_1412.JPG

I took the Scarif Rebel Trooper out for a test drive at Free Comic Book Day yesterday. My local 501st/Rebel Legion group was there so we had a nice, well rounded group.

View attachment 727137

Overall, I like it, and it is very comfortable. I few little tweeks and a bunch of weathering and I will be calling this one done!

View attachment 727138

that looks great! Head-to-toe outstanding :thumbsup

"Well done, you're a rebel now."

Where can I find a rebel hat ear radio?

There is a file for one on Thingiverse under the Hoth Hat Radio. The Scarif and Hoth hats are very similar and most parts are shared.
http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=hoth+radio&sa=

that looks great! Head-to-toe outstanding :thumbsup

"Well done, you're a rebel now."

Thanks man! It's been a fun build so far. Now to wait and see if the Rebel Legion ever finishes the CRL for the costume.

Hahah, right!?

i was just added as a member over there. This rebel trooper being my first real effort to get approved. I got no doubt yours will pass when that list does come out.

Decided to re-mod my Thompson mag pouch charges, figured this one is on a broad range of troopers so I'd post over here first.

a little closer in look and less weight too. Here's where I started:

2 cans of hairspray for the tops, kept the pvc, a couple magnets, four 1/2" washers(two each) and a couple pieces of cut marker, then finally a screw on top.
IMG_4742.JPG

Some black paint/rub-n-buff/steel wool, and heres the final product next to a screen grab:
IMG_4746.JPG

A little closer in look and again, less weight to carry. All for $6 :thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG_4745.JPG
    IMG_4745.JPG
    804.3 KB · Views: 168

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back