Generic ROGUE ONE Rebel Trooper - Find/Modify/Build Thread

Hi guys, I am just putting together my own Rebel Saboteur outfits. Up to now, I used russian Gorka 3 uniforms, with the pants dyed brown. I made the hats myself. As decorative elements I have some MP40-sling magazine pouches, and just ordered a british PLCE battle belt, which is worn by one of the troopers over his uniform jacket, and also by Cassian to keep his pants up :-D Maybe you have some input for me? Here are some pics of the unfinished business.
15942943_1723562174336725_1491060522_o.jpg
15995707_1738730239486585_516643222_n.jpg

This is a raw gunbelt for the DL-44 I had lying around, it's just for the right fit of the jacket. The uniform is still unweathered, and I am looking for fitting ski boot clamps for the boots. The rest is taking shape.
Best regards from Germany! (And, this is my first post here.... :-D )

Hi guys, I am just putting together my own Rebel Saboteur outfits. Up to now, I used russian Gorka 3 uniforms, with the pants dyed brown. I made the hats myself. As decorative elements I have some MP40-sling magazine pouches, and just ordered a british PLCE battle belt, which is worn by one of the troopers over his uniform jacket, and also by Cassian to keep his pants up :-D Maybe you have some input for me? Here are some pics of the unfinished business.
View attachment 697982
View attachment 697983

This is a raw gunbelt for the DL-44 I had lying around, it's just for the right fit of the jacket. The uniform is still unweathered, and I am looking for fitting ski boot clamps for the boots. The rest is taking shape.

Way to go! The hat and details on it look great! The DL-44 and belt will fit right in with the rebel gear. I considered using a DL for my build too but opted for the new Luger base as it seemed a little more slim to carry. Keep up the great work and toss us updates as you go!

I see you have defeated the dreaded vacuum droid! :lol

View attachment 697982
View attachment 697983

Looking good! Still need my comm unit. Has anyone been able to say if the hat has two comm unit flaps or just one on the left? I only put on so far:
Yc2jWvf.jpg

Ro3PkCu.jpg

From what I can tell, one flap.
Seems they are always shot from the left, even photos of the costumes on display.

There are scenes in the trailers that do show the right but are blurry due to distance or movement (hanger, beach combat)
Might want to look at the Gillette ad since the main guy wears one. (some of the shots have the image reversed)

View attachment 697982
View attachment 697983

Where/how did you build the helmet? I'm searching for info on this. Is it rogue one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where/how did you build the helmet? I'm searching for info on this. Is it rogue one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, first I built a hoth trooper hat. Then I realised while watching R1, that the quilt lines were far wider and rectangular, not diagonal lines as with the Hoth Hat. So I watched R1 a fewtimes, looked over the Interwebz to get more pictures, and, after prototyping a few hat, came up with this result. Andors Cap for example does not feature a com mount on the right, and only two hook and loop mounts for the goggle on the rear, about 7cm apart. The hat itself is the same cut as a vietnam M51 cap, plus the forehead shield, plus the neck and ear guard. The chinstrap can be found on Andors cap - it is leather with a brass buckle on the side.
Hope this helps.

Nevermind, found them. *facepalm* Especially, since they are German (former GDR) MZ Simson motorcycle goggles.... And I used an ESS NVG we got used in an army store.... 20€ vs 80€...... Grrr. It was made by "VEB Rathenower Optische Werke Rathenow 183" couldn't find when. Attached pics below, just ordered mine on eBay. s-l500 (2).jpgs-l500.jpg

s-l500 (2).jpg

s-l500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Small update: The leather mag pouch arrived! It even came with the brass oiling flask! Yay!

IMG_0828.JPG IMG_0829.JPG

I also started sewing the sides together and added the tan side straps. Due to the location, I am hand stitching them onto the jacket.

IMG_0830.JPG

This hat was modeled from the costume exhibit. Check it out my rogue hat at www.mrhemmingsworkshop@etsy.comView attachment 698775

Mr Hemworkshop, I recently ordered your hat! On Long Island. Glad to meet you here! Its an awesome hat. I love it. And I wear it whenever I can. The design is spot on. The durability is top notch (pun). To those who are interested. Take it from me Mr Hemworkshop does an excellent job!

Maybe anyone has some help with the boots? From all I can tell, they are leather boots with a zipper in the inside, in some cases with an attached gaiter or something similar, and the colour seems to be a dark brown. But what sort of boot is the base?

Maybe anyone has some help with the boots? From all I can tell, they are leather boots with a zipper in the inside, in some cases with an attached gaiter or something similar, and the colour seems to be a dark brown. But what sort of boot is the base?

Can't really tell what the base boot, is but it's has a rougher finish than the spat. I'm using Chelsea boots for the base boot and the outer spat (No laces). Here's some shots of the real thing:
pyMTOAH.jpg

R71Wm2r.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back