Doctor Who Holes Jumper - Question

JokerMan

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I really love the look of the Paul Smith jumper that Peter Capaldi wore in several episodes of Doctor Who in series 8 and 9, and I'm looking forward to getting Magnoli's version of the jumper in the near future - money and body issues which will be addressed this year.

However, I don't like buying things this expensive without getting a second opinion. So, my question to the folks out there is this - has anyone bought this jumper from Magnoli? And if so, what are your reviews? Is it worth the price?

For those who need a bit of clarity, it is this jumper here: http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/holey-jumper-knitwear-p-635.html

Thank you, fellow Whovians :D

So, update - while I have found no reviews for Magnoli's version of this jumper, I decided to hold off and look for a decent alternative. I wasn't looking for any with holes, but maybe a flecked black jumper. I did not expect to find one that looked remarkably accurate, but would still do the job.

After days of searching, I came across someone (whose name I can't remember) who came across a jumper that looked absolutely remarkable. Armed with that knowledge, I set off looking for the jumper - and after waiting patiently for several days after ordering it, it finally arrived!

WP_20170310_005[1].jpg
And it is a beauty! The jumper has flecks of white which resemble stars in the night sky. However, the flecks aren't woven in - instead, it looks like it has been splattered finely with some sort of white vinyl material. I haven't washed it yet for fear of having them fall off, but I still love the effect it gave.

What's more interesting about this jumper is that in some areas, it has a laddered effect, which, when worn with a t-shirt underneath, can give off a really cool look:
WP_20170310_007[1].jpg
The effect is on various places on the jumper.

If you're looking for this jumper, it's from the brand Jilted Generation, and it's available from Sports Direct at half price - might be going quick!

That's not bad at all! I just went and picked one up. Can't argue with the price, even the international shipping was cheap.

Nice!! Looks very 12/space hobo style. About the Magnoli, take this with a grain of salt because I a) haven't seen a SA Paul Smith sweater, or handled any of Magnolis piece, but personally I'd say you'd be better off making one from an existing sweater. The Magnoli holes just look odd and very triangular, and the knit doesn't look at all like the real one. Again, this is just going off pictures.

I was the one who originally posted about that jumper on my Instagram (thedoctorswardrobe), glad so many people seem to like it [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was the one who originally posted about that jumper on my Instagram (thedoctorswardrobe), glad so many people seem to like it [emoji846]

You're who I saw it from, I remember now! Thanks so much for the original find :D

Glad to help. Also, I think the best alternative for a proper holey jumper is to modify a regular black jumper. I've seen some pretty good results when people use the proper pattern repeat and hem the holes to prevent unravelling.

Glad to help. Also, I think the best alternative for a proper holey jumper is to modify a regular black jumper. I've seen some pretty good results when people use the proper pattern repeat and hem the holes to prevent unravelling.

Okay, this might be super obvious, but how exactly does one sew the holes?

So I'm thinking about upgrading and trying to find a decent replica of this elusive jumper. I know only that Magnoli does a replica, but seeing as I have found no reviews or pictures of the jumper, I don't want to throw my money into the wind.

Anyone know of any replicas available, or an I going to bite the bullet and buy a Magnoli version?

So I'm thinking about upgrading and trying to find a decent replica of this elusive jumper. I know only that Magnoli does a replica, but seeing as I have found no reviews or pictures of the jumper, I don't want to throw my money into the wind.

Anyone know of any replicas available, or an I going to bite the bullet and buy a Magnoli version?

We're making one of these right now for a customer (maybe two, IIRC)... if there is a particular photo you'd like to see, let me know and I'll see if I can take one before we ship it.

We're making one of these right now for a customer (maybe two, IIRC)... if there is a particular photo you'd like to see, let me know and I'll see if I can take one before we ship it.

That would be great, thank you so much :) Would it be possible to see a photo of the front and one of the cuffs? Thanks again!

So I've decided to wait to get the Magnoli version. I want to lose a lot of weight before I get one.

So, I have bought a pack of two pullovers (one red and one black), relatively cheap, so I can attempt to convert the black one into a makeshift holes jumper, and the red one to convert into the jumper worn briefly by Capaldi in The Return of Doctor Mysterio.

Check here soon!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back