Yes, the Fiber Optic Store. I ordered 5 feet of 32 strand cable. That's a total of 160 feet. Should be enough. I think it was $13 and change.
Started the garbage chute. It will feature a 3 deminsional Slave 1 silouhette.
Surprised me too!
It's looking great Robiwon! I love the Slave-1 silhouette. Out of curiosity, was that present on the ESB model too?
The same goes for a Star Destroyer. Also consider scale effect which tends to neutralize colors further.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
What about Tamiya Insignia white?
I think a black primer with white basecoat is all you need. Then SLIGHTLY darker and warm grey, and a SLIGHTLY darker cool grey for the paneling.
My plan for this guy's is a grey primer base coat, mask off panels and shoot with white. Remove masks and shoot with white again. Same as I did for the Revell kit seen elsewhere in this forum.
Garbage chute done, and all windows drilled for fiber optics. Next up is lighting the engines.
Not sure why half the pictures loaded sideways! Here they are again, right side up this time...
Space junk the Slave 1 will sit with.
Lots and lots of holes...
Looking pretty jimongous compared to the Revell snapper!
Looking really good Robiwan. I can't wait for mine to get in. It took a holiday in Russia and should ship out soon so hopefully it's well rested and ready to be built. 😁
Just curious, can you measure, or estimate the diameter of the geodesic domes? Either across flats or from point to point. Keep up the great work!
Sure, Ill do that after work today.
Nice job on the garbage chute.
Awesome start. Zvezda says the SD will be repacked by Revell to sell in the states sometime this year. Can't wait = Ebay.
Still waiting on fiber from the Fiber Optic Store....
Took care of the hull seam, top and bottom. I used Tulip brand fabric paint. Its basically thick acrylic paint (great for light blocking small areas too!) and dries super fast. I taped so just the seam was visible. I laid down a bead of Tulip and let it set for a minute. Then I just took my finger and wiped off the excess. Doing this also ensures the paint is down in the joint. I then removed the mask and let it sit for a few more minutes. Next I took a pointed cotton swab and cleaned up the smeared excess. Until I get primer on it its hard to tell if there is any seam left, if there is its shallower than the surrounding panel lines, plus, no lost detail from putty and sanding!