Anakin Starkiller uni body v2 preparation group thread

As a matter of fact, yes!

I added the machining mark.
IMG_3044.JPG

I'm working on all known mods, so nows the time to smash up (I mean file) the cubes

Added the 2nd found screw as well.

This looks like I have covered everything with the exception of the cubes, (still waiting for a census )
20170210_183658.jpg

Man I can't wait to get this puppy! Nice work on the damage Kevin.

Wish Roy would get those levers in stock...

Added the 2nd found screw as well.

This looks like I have covered everything with the exception of the cubes, (still waiting for a census )
View attachment 706018

I've been looking through my collection of V2 pics and so far I've yet to come up with anything crystal clear. However, the V3/shared stunt definitely has downward slanted cubes. Dan's 3d model definitely had downward slanted cubes (at least originally) and both his 1st and 2nd runs had them as well. When he started the unibody interest thread he stated they would be exactly the same as the previous runs with the exception of being solid. So, my guess is the unibody cubes were machined in error from the shop and are meant to have the slope.

Maybe we should ask Dan. I remember the post stating it would be the exact same, only a unibody, but also keep in mind, there was no mention of him having the uneven rings.

So glad he did that. Looks way way better. IMO :D

I'm not messing with the cubes. I was thinking about it, but I have to stop somewhere.

Mine is in the dishwasher as I type.

Will keep you posted with the results.

Round two or darkening. I used some liquid plumber and a small plastic tub. Emptied the liquid plumber , put the hilt in and covered with water till he hilt was fully submerged.
1486848468355-1643471042.jpg

It darkened it up some. I let it sit until the entire hilt was black. Scrubbed with some scotch bright and washed of with dish soap. I'm going to put it back in the dishwasher again tonight and see what happens. I did keep the mixture in the container just incase I feel the need to do it again.

Will keep you posted

Mine arrived in the mail today! I can't wait to get crackin' on this one. Anyone put their clamps on yet? I assume that you'd have to disassemble, pry it open, and slide it over the pommel cubes. Roy can't get those V2 clamp levers in soon enough :cool

Mine arrived in the mail today! I can't wait to get crackin' on this one. Anyone put their clamps on yet? I assume that you'd have to disassemble, pry it open, and slide it over the pommel cubes. Roy can't get those V2 clamp levers in soon enough :cool

I popped mine on to get a feel for it. Yes you need to disassemble the clamp and push it on. Also, I used some scotch bright to dull out my clamp. I don't think it needs to be any duller than it is now
.1486861152051958899748.jpg

Don't forget to sand he tabs on the inside of the clamp off ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did I miss that:facepalm

Thank you. I would have set it up and wondered why it looks funny. By then, it would have been painted, and a good chance of messing up my paint job.

Cudos Danny.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back