Anakin Starkiller uni body v2 preparation group thread

We use it at work, so I "borrowed" an almost used up roll. Still has enough on it to do multiple sabers. Problem is I'm not sure how I could remove an ship just a small section. Maybe transfer it to a piece of saran wrap ? I don't know if that would screw up the adhesive on it. PM me with your info and we can try it. :confused
Don mac.

Successful trial. Thanks for making it happen.

- - - Updated - - -

How many signed up for this run and gone through with it. I know the number was on the lower side. Seeing how there is no real sign up list, it's hard to tell. I'm guessing we should be getting our sabers some time during the week. Dan ships pretty fast, my last order came within a week of payment.

Successful trial. Thanks for making it happen.

- - - Updated - - -

How many signed up for this run and gone through with it. I know the number was on the lower side. Seeing how there is no real sign up list, it's hard to tell. I'm guessing we should be getting our sabers some time during the week. Dan ships pretty fast, my last order came within a week of payment.
You're welcome. The adhesive didn't seem very "tacky". I guess because it's designed to be used on flooring without causing damage, sort of like painter's tape.

AS got the sabers in but he had to do some touch up machining on the pommels before sending them out. I got in on run 2 for the multi part version ,and they mailed quick because the didn't need the extra work.
Don Mac.

You're welcome. The adhesive didn't seem very "tacky". I guess because it's designed to be used on flooring without causing damage, sort of like painter's tape.

AS got the sabers in but he had to do some touch up machining on the pommels before sending them out. I got in on run 2 for the multi part version ,and they mailed quick because the didn't need the extra work.
Don Mac.

He's all finished and collecting payment. Also gave us a week to pay or he would move on to the next member interested.

And yes, gaffers tape is used to hold cords down on flooring

Just a heads up!

Trent has only 4 sets of stencils left, don't miss out! Link to the stencils are on the first page of this thread

1486679646184958899748.jpg1486679676442-1016619396.jpg1486679721498387459379.jpg
Mine arrived todayand I had to play with it. I inserted the plug for the bung hole as well.:rolleyes

So, smashy smashy it is. The emitter warped easily by me holding it on my lap and giving it a wack with my hammer. Don't over do it. Then I drilled a hole in the steel rod and put a groove in it.
IMG_3039.JPGIMG_3038.JPG
Also installed the mystery chunk and filed down the transistor knob.
IMG_3041.JPGIMG_3042.JPG

holy crap kevin! its been out of the box for how long?! and you've already beat the hell out of it!!? i knew i liked you for a reason!!!! :D

Smashy,smashy :eek

I have been waiting weeks to beat this thing up. I'm just getting started:rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

I should have asked Dan to ship my hilt packed in rocks
The funny part is it came wrapped in Styrofoam sheets. Too protected

So now that some of you guys have posted some pictures of your hilts (and looking over mine) I am wondering if I missed some discussion about changing the design of the pommel cubes. The cubes on the unibody are larger and symmetrical. The other two runs had a downward slope to the cubes and were a little smaller. Was it determined somewhere that the symmetrical cubes were more accurate or was this a tooling error?

Other than that, and the largish gash on my emitter, the hilt looks great. I really like the weight of it.

So now that some of you guys have posted some pictures of your hilts (and looking over mine) I am wondering if I missed some discussion about changing the design of the pommel cubes. The cubes on the unibody are larger and symmetrical. The other two runs had a downward slope to the cubes and were a little smaller. Was it determined somewhere that the symmetrical cubes were more accurate or was this a tooling error?

Other than that, and the largish gash on my emitter, the hilt looks great. I really like the weight of it.

Do u have a V2 from he first or second run so you can post a comparison of the cubes

Judging by Kevin's photos I can't see a difference with the cubes from my V2 from the first run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do u have a V2 from he first or second run so you can post a comparison of the cubes

Judging by Kevin's photos I can't see a difference with the cubes from my V2 from the first run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unibody on top. 1st run V2 on bottom.

Attachments

• 20170210_100914.jpg
    20170210_100914.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
So can we go to town with a file, or do you feel, it's too much?

I'm not scared :devil

"i an't afraid of those cubes" ...trying to make a ghostbusters punch but just didnt cut it... in all honesty those cubes being just a little bigger dont bother me.

im still very excited to see what kevin has been up to.... knowing him this thing is already painted and done

any updates kev?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back