Anakin Starkiller uni body v2 preparation group thread

Lol, yeah we definitely get each other going. My thirst for knowledge and Danny's love for sabers can be a bad mix.

And with my Stupidly witty and oh so awesomely random comments, We three could dominate the world... or the RPF.... or just the Star Wars section of the RPF.... Wow these possibilities aren't as dominant as I thought they would be. Im gonna go plan our global domination techniques now ;). But don't worry about that! Worry about the saber my friend ;).

Alex

...as for the mystery chunk the smaller one looks fine, i beat the hell out of mine. i even filed it down so its like.... how can i explain this. i filed the sides down alittle so they are on a slight angle.

i personally believe they hammered a piece of square stock in the hole. to me, the mystery chunk looks like it was hammered, so i filed the sides to kinda match the distortion...

I may have to do this myself. I thought of doing this early on but having seen how it turned out on yours, I think my resolve has been strengthened.

I may have to do this myself. I thought of doing this early on but having seen how it turned out on yours, I think my resolve has been strengthened.
Can you share some advise seeing how you have already built this v2. I know this is a uni body, however, it will look same as far as appearance matters. I would love for anyone that has completed this saber to show off here on this thread. It would be of great help for those involved in this new run.

Thanks for your participation and consideration
Kevin

Ps, we are just over half way there as far as meeting Trent's minimum for ordering the stencils. If you are interested please sign up in the sales thread. There are also links above.

I will wholeheartedly agree with PoopaPapaPalps. The lightsaber on screen looks beat up.... because it was. & knowing personally the quality that Anakin Starkiller puts out (I have his v2 second run), you can't hurt 'em.

I tried :lol
DSCF0407.JPG

Not sure if I should be pleased or peeved that this info is being collected so conveniently here. ;) Where's the challenge for me?? But seriously, thanks!

Not sure if I should be pleased or peeved that this info is being collected so conveniently here. ;) Where's the challenge for me?? But seriously, thanks!

Lol, all of the above is more like it. When I work on a prop, I try to get as much info and reference photos as possible. This is also a good way to find out about the "what ifs" or "I should have dones". I figured if I invited the group to participate, we could all benefit and build a great looking prop together.

Interesting, may I ask the purpose of the fire?

I wanted to try & put a nice "worn" & "battle hardened" look on the base, that would be under the stencil area & would show more depth after painting. I didn't want to use paint, I wanted it to be more natural. However, as I stated before... you can't hurt these things. All that beautiful scoring just wiped right off :lol

I was wondering about that. I do know that treated metal finishes can wipe clean. I wasnt sure if you treated it after. Is the rest of the build posted somewhere so I can read it?

I was wondering about that. I do know that treated metal finishes can wipe clean. I wasnt sure if you treated it after. Is the rest of the build posted somewhere so I can read it?

Search "Anakin Starkiller v2 lightsaber show-off thread" My contribution is on page 9.

I'm getting really excited because we should be hearing something from anakin starkiller soon. He said he was away till the 13th, so we may hear news during the week end. Awsome!

For those of us on anikans latest run, we couldn't be at a better point in time with all of the latest updates and detail just released. I'm very excited about all these newly pointed out details and new mod opportunities.

Also, if you are undecided about Trents stencils, he just announced this is his last run of these so don't miss out. Get on the list before they are gone.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back