Captain America battle suit by The Toys Asia

FastballSpecial

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I've seen this suit online and the bay. It's pricey of course but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen these or gotten them yet? I've been looking for an awesome Cap Cosplay suit. Any thoughts or reviews would be most appreciated !

EAD322DC-7B3C-4427-9A75-C689F644B54B_zpsxm6vn8qh.png

91B878F8-D559-43FC-A2D4-A36947DFCCE1_zpsbgv7yj3r.png

4CC1A49C-99B1-4A80-9A61-8D9F34A7A4F0_zps0nlvr3zk.png

FA84C437-D217-4808-A238-F742A7C8BCEA_zpszxlr5u3l.png

3DDCB8DA-D8B8-4324-89DF-B7CC0E26B465_zpsvmst7svh.png

4DDACA94-AD19-4836-B655-7B09F86B42F2_zpsm3ttzpph.png

38A8CC7F-83EA-4207-A6DD-A7C1C28438FF_zpsqdh15onu.png

58D05E7E-7DE4-4435-8169-8D9EA954DE03_zpsedb14wap.png

It looks like a nice enough suit.
They could have had a better model or tailored the uniform to fit him.

Reminds me when Spiderman tried to pass himself off as Cap.

I wonder if it has any spandex panels for breathing and expansion during movement.

Nice to see the vest and separate arms so it wont pull out the waist for the jacket when you raise your arms but what will the shoulder pads do?

This is the first I've heard of this one. It looks great! Definitely the best of the Chinese cosplay suits. I would love to see some in-hand pics, if it really looks that good I'd replace my modified CosplaySky suit with it.

It looks like a nice enough suit.
They could have had a better model or tailored the uniform to fit him.

Reminds me when Spiderman tried to pass himself off as Cap.

I wonder if it has any spandex panels for breathing and expansion during movement.

Nice to see the vest and separate arms so it wont pull out the waist for the jacket when you raise your arms but what will the shoulder pads do?

I also like that the arms are separate. This is also the best licensed costume I've seen. Keeping my eyes open for sure.

This is the first I've heard of this one. It looks great! Definitely the best of the Chinese cosplay suits. I would love to see some in-hand pics, if it really looks that good I'd replace my modified CosplaySky suit with it.

If I get a decent tax return I may pull the trigger on this one. I'll be sure to post photos and reviews!

I had a PO for 2 months and ended up cancelling on ebay since the sellers couldn't give me a shipping date. Still hoping to get one but gotta find a reliable source.

So I tracked down one of these finally. Once I get it in hand I'll post photos. Hope it fits. Another gamble but at least this will be a "large" and not a "universal size" like the Killerbody was.

Man, the Killerbody suit was such a disappointment. I thought the suit looked great though the shoulder bells needed some work, but they said it could fit up to a 47" chest. No way I could get the vest zipped up and I've got a 44" chest. At this point RG studios looks like the best bet for a uber nice CW costume, but they do only a few here and there. I ended up with a White Sheep leather Cordura suit made to measure and I'm pretty satisfied. Only needs a few minor tweaks, worst being the shoulder bells...

Man, the Killerbody suit was such a disappointment. I thought the suit looked great though the shoulder bells needed some work, but they said it could fit up to a 47" chest. No way I could get the vest zipped up and I've got a 44" chest. At this point RG studios looks like the best bet for a uber nice CW costume, but they do only a few here and there. I ended up with a White Sheep leather Cordura suit made to measure and I'm pretty satisfied. Only needs a few minor tweaks, worst being the shoulder bells...

The details on Killerbody were beautiful. But yes I was disappointed by the sizing. It was like trying on a child's costume.

Im really hoping this will finally be one I can wear.

Just in case anyone was looking for another civil war battle suit option, I purchased one off of ebay from cosplaysky.

The purchase was for the suit itself, not the accessories. The belt and back straps were not that great. I was able to get member Delta13 (He does great leather work and he ships to america) to make some pretty impressive replacements as well as some gators.

As for a review of the sizing itself:
Based on my measurements, I'm 5'10" 42R chest and 34"/35" waist and the Large fits me a little snug in some areas. If you are around those measurements, you might benefit by ordering an extra large.

As for the quality of the work, I love everything about it except the inside material. The outside of the Pants feel great but the inside feels like a Tarp. No real adjustments were made here except the fact that I may have to wear an undersuit to keep it from sticking to me. The pants are a little snug but I can work with it.

The suit Jacket I did a little sewing (use a needle rated for denim) to take in the mid section. I also attached zippers to the sleeves so that the would close tighter to my arm. The jacket has a lining and a little padding (maybe 1/8"). It feels warm when you wear it.

Overall, this is the perfect outfit for a colder day walking with the kids trick or treating. It does not breath well but it looks really nice. Let me know if anyone wants pictures of a completed outfit and I'll try get them up.

Where did you find the toys asia's version if I may ask? I only saw it on ebay and not sure if the seller has it stock or not, so far no answer from them...
P.S first time posting here, found this forum looking for a high quality captain america suit, you guys helped me a lot so far, was about to make few mistakes !

Where did you find the toys asia's version if I may ask? I only saw it on ebay and not sure if the seller has it stock or not, so far no answer from them...
P.S first time posting here, found this forum looking for a high quality captain america suit, you guys helped me a lot so far, was about to make few mistakes !

Honestly if you're looking for a high quality, affordable suit with great service and everything, I can't stress enough how much I recommend Whitesheep leather. They fit the suit to you perfectly, the details are some of the most accurate, it has that nice and layered look from the films. If you want to go the extra mile, you can weather the ab-section, you can add more accurate shoulder bells. They have multiple options (Cordura for most accurate look, Lycra for most comfortable and breathable, and con-friendly, and full leather if.. you like that?), they have every version of the Cap suit in the films, except the First Avenger suit (so, Winter Soldier Smythonian, Winter Soldier stealth, Civil War, Age of Ultron, and Avengers 1). Great service, they always reply when you get in contact with them, they do custom stuff too. Say you want the AoU in Cordura (which they don't offer currently), you can ask for them to mod their Civil War suit to make it the AoU. So yeah, probably the best in my opinion, and you don't have to break the bank for the suit. You still need to make belts and stuff, but still. I recommend that option!

Agree as I researched Captain America costumes for months before deciding on the CosplayFly2010 suit as it's heavy duty miltary grade corduroy and can be modified and accessorized with more legit looking features if desired. Nothing against other suits to include the WhiteSheep leather as it looks to be decent but for the money you can't get this close to screen accurate with any other suit. Even the WhiteSheep suit is off when it comes to the color around the star as its black or a very dark navy in the Civil War movie but simply blue on their costume. Anyways. Just my two cents.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back