Do3D Mark III War Machine Build

TKCC71

Well, I have decided to embark on another journey and create a new thread for my upcoming build (Mark III War Machine). Couldn't sit to idle after finishing my previous Mark 46. This time I plan to take what I learned from the Mark 46 and hone some additional skills. I did start a C-3PO build but figure I will get back to that build once this one is complete. For this suit, I plan on printing using Do3D files and then fiberglassing the inside of the whole suit for additional strength. I will probably work closely with Do3D also in modifying a few of the pieces for function. I want to have a few added features in this suit. For instance, I want the guns in the gauntlet to rise up on command. Some of the parts will added custom design will be CNC'd aluminum (gun levers) using a desk top CNC machine. Also will hopefully make some custom circuit board if needed with the other mill Pro. This build will be a slow one as I plan on taking my time. So far I have started with the Abs and attempting to print the shoulder gun (Currently on the printer). Look forward to sharing this build with this community and always open to suggestions.

Also was wondering if anyone has and recommendations/suggestions on the actual Mark III paint colors. (Gunship Grey?)

http://
59E0C760-B629-4877-93F2-BD9D1FCFDA59_zpsvjxnszmz.jpg

DBC10940-1099-405F-A350-12F8279650BE_zpstjb3ykrd.jpg

CD94911D-A44B-4F4C-A42A-D905E31BC849_zpsgjtncagl.jpg

Thanks George

Murdoch, enjoyed following your threads as well. :)

Finally got this smoothed to my liking and added some custom details to make this a little more screen accurate (Added the lines in-between the ab pieces. Off to start working the back piece while the gun is printing. Unfortunately, the back piece had printed a little rough and will have to put some effort into it.

5BEF2406-DA3D-4C1B-B827-80F99174B633_zpssotgsbr9.jpg

Thanks Wannabe. There are definitely some sleepless nights. I also have learned from the Mark 46 if you get the abs scaled right then everything else can be scaled to the abs. Crossing my fingers I got this one perfect. Both the back and the abs so far got really nice.

Anyways just put the first coat of primer/filler on the gun. Still needs a little bit of work (smoothing etc..). Gonna do a really cool gun metal effect on this when it's finally smoothed out. :)

53D938F4-F7F4-4F4E-8374-6D9F3947972C_zpsfcmfaooo.jpg

Thanks AlexStark.

Well progress is going slow. Finished printing and fiberglassing the back. It still needs lots of cosmetics and post finishing. I put a coat of primer on it just so that I can see the imperfections on it. Then off to do some more smoothing and finishing.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I should make the gun rise and then tilt into position I am open to suggestions. This gun weighs about 1.5 lbs so looking for servo recommendations as well since I am assuming it will need some high torque.

ADB5C64A-64EA-4954-B0F5-68DD048484D1_zpsik8cenm9.jpg

Awesome work as usual TKCC71!!!

What material are you printing with now? I know you started using PETG on some of your MK46 so just wondered if you stuck with that?

Do you have any plans to improve the movement of the suit? I have the Do3D MK45 files and I'm wondering if there's a better way than printing the pieces in solid sections. Maybe thinner separate pieces that can move to allow some flex in places like the abs and around joints...

Looking forward to more updates!

AWESOME!!!!! This is a great start!!!

Clearly the best war machine suit it is going to be

Thanks guys. Definitely lots of thought going into this one.

Awesome work as usual TKCC71!!!

What material are you printing with now? I know you started using PETG on some of your MK46 so just wondered if you stuck with that?

Do you have any plans to improve the movement of the suit? I have the Do3D MK45 files and I'm wondering if there's a better way than printing the pieces in solid sections. Maybe thinner separate pieces that can move to allow some flex in places like the abs and around joints...

Looking forward to more updates!

Thanks Zantose. Yes, I definitely will be sticking with the PETG. I like that It doesn't seem to change shape much with temp. For the movement, I will have to get it all printed to scale and then will probably make some adjustments as needed. Not planning to modify to much of the files. I think the War Machine will have much more space in between and around the joints unlike the Mark 46 or 45. Most of the parts on that suit was all pretty tight in-between the seams.

A little more progress. Nothing to pretty to see at the moment. I want to do all the fiberglassing and the linkage attachments first. I used xrobots.uk bungee links to keep the abs and the back together. They work amazing. Saving the finishing for last this way I won't have any fiberglass resin rubs on the finished pieces.
67567644d4ddbae8612f3373a26e00ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back and Abs are finished less the final paint job (silver and mat black). Just waiting for the weather to warm up abbot. Did a test fit and it's a absolute perfect fit. :) I used Xrobots.uk's brackets/bungee system to join the front and back and added 2 magnets along the seams to keeps things lined up. Really glad I choose to fiberglass the inside. Will do this for all my future 3D printed suits.

3C43CC35-95AF-4703-B9D1-8864FE476087_zpskuuttdrn.jpg

A5694DFC-9E4D-4B92-8123-1464A199668A_zpsy5jtwlbz.jpg

E250F5F2-7D15-4AA4-AC58-DD98922A21AD_zpsyua5z2az.jpg

Back and Abs are finished less the final paint job (silver and mat black). Just waiting for the weather to warm up abbot. Did a test fit and it's a absolute perfect fit. :) I used Xrobots.uk's brackets/bungee system to join the front and back and added 2 magnets along the seams to keeps things lined up. Really glad I choose to fiberglass the inside. Will do this for all my future 3D printed suits.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums...5-95AF-4703-B9D1-8864FE476087_zpskuuttdrn.jpg

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums...C-9E4D-4B92-8123-1464A199668A_zpsy5jtwlbz.jpg

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums...2-7D15-4AA4-AC58-DD98922A21AD_zpsyua5z2az.jpg

Looking great so far.

Well found a little break in the weather today and started some of the paint job. Just need to add a little oil wash and a little grey on the hips and could call these parts finished.

A3411DF2-9A96-4F88-9713-F51C4AD73AD4_zpswfqd0f48.jpg

2278AC41-1BA2-4F99-AB5C-0D23921A54E4_zps6fobhzrc.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back