Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Monster Calls

• Paterson

• Total voters

Vivek

Master Member
Vote for your favourite movie of 2016. Choose one movie from the above poll to cast your vote.

Movies in the poll are listed in release date order and there are about 45 movies listed as a refresher.

If your choice of movie is not listed in the poll, mention the movie in the comments. Also list your other top 5 or 10 favourite movies in the comments.

I still have to catch up to some movies in next couple of days and will finalize my top list after that.

EDIT: Updated

I have seen only 26 movies of 2016 and 16 were in theatres. I still have many movies to catch up to including Silence, Moonlight and Manchester by the Sea.

La La Land is my favourite movie of 2016. It was delightful and moving, while touching upon the universal theme of chasing dreams. Thanks to Damien Chazelle and team who managed to create a movie that would make even some of the skeptics of musicals to embrace it.

My top favourite movies of this year are as follows.

1. La La Land
2. Arrival
3. The Nice Guys
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Green Room

Honorable Mention (release date order): Zootopia, Deadpool, Everybody Wants Some, The Lobster, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Doctor Strange, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

2016 Movie Trailer Mashup - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
This year was fantastic movie wise!

The Autopsy of Jane Doe, Deadpool, Rogue One, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Zootopia, Arrival... just so many fantastic films to pick from.

Overall I think I'd have to give my vote to The Witch. So many of you started with Star Wars, or comic books.. I started with Horror Movies. While this ain't a typical "horror" movie, it definitely finds its roots in horror and it does everything it needs to right for me. From start to finish I enjoyed this film.

Of course Rogue One will win though.. you know, nostalgia. I didn't think it was even in my top 3 if I had to put them in order. :)

Last edited:
I'm not rating movies I have not seen so no getting huffy (Don't breath is in the DVD player now unwatched , did not quite make it lol .)

1. Mad Max b&w
2. 10 Cloverfield lane
3. Doctor Strange
4. Hardcore Henry
5. Absolutely Fabulous
6. Rouge one
7. The Witch
8. Deadpool
9. The Nice Guy's
10.X men Apocalypse

Honorable mention
The Suicide Squad
( makes a great music video )

winner for best 3 movies crammed into one .
Batman Vs Superman Dawn of Justice

And finally winner for trailer abuse or
We lied, it's not in the movie .
Rouge one
(And we did not even care )

Last edited:
I was really torn on this year's poll. It came down to a dead heat between Rogue One, Captain America: Civil War, and Deadpool. After taking the day to mull it over, I eventually settled on Civil War. While I loved all three, Civil War was overall the better movie mainly because it actually HURT to see the characters we've come to love over the course of so many movies fighting each other. That, and it was completely gray. There was no clear right or wrong.

Zootopia for me. Everything about it was absolutely top notch to me.

2. Fantastic Beasts
3. Civil War
4. Dr Strange
5. Star Trek Beyond

I havent seen several yet, though, which might change my list. Kubo, Pete's Dragon, Arrival, and Rogue One.

I picked Rogue One from the poll results, but my favorite of the year, I think, has been Captain Fantastic. Beautiful, fun, and amazing film starring Viggo Mortensen. The soundtrack is also spectacular, and the acting is truly special. Definitely my favorite.

...1. Mad Max b&w ...

Witness.
giphy.gif

What... No Sausage Party???!?

Kidding... it wasn't great.

Editing was TOP NOTCH, though. ;)

I actually went with Pop Star - Never Stop Never Stopping.

Mostly because I laughed my ass off, and then because I didn't see a lot of those, and the ones I did see, were either just Okay, or didn't care for them...

*Rogue One* COUGH *Rogue One*

That's not to say movies like "The Arrival" aren't great... just a bad year for me getting to the theater.

I went with "The Nice Guys" - it was just so much fun.
If I could vote for 3, I'd add "Zootopia" and "The Witch".

Last edited:
For me, it is a near tie between Rogue One and Deadpool. Both were fantastic films. I went with Rogue One just because I thought it had so much more riding on it than Deadpool did, but I gotta say, Deadpool was beaten by a hair and that's it.

1.Pride, prejudice and zombies
2. Jane got a gun
3 Deadpool
410 cloverfield lane
5.Complete unknown

lmao, I got 3movies that are not even on the list. Guess I'm not a sheep to mainstream this year.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back