Negan from The Walking Dead (ID'ing parts/making the jacket - pic heavy))

alright, quick jacket update

I sewed up the new mockup yesterday and this is what I found:

- the chest/whole front was too narrow, the back fit pretty nicely, but on the front, the sleeves pulled weirdly when i moved and it was a little tight around the middle (though that's probably more me needing to lose weight than anything...lol)
- after lengthening the torso 2 inches for this iteration, it looks like I'll need to lengthen it maybe another inch...
- the sleeves fit nicely when standing and while the range of motion is a little limited, i think it's mostly down to being calico and not leather. Once the stretchy leather is in the mix it should match JDM's range of motion.
- I still need to work out the collar, but will be doing so by actually draping the thing in the real world. Working out a flat pattern for a collar on a computer is something I haven't quite gotten my head around yet.

I realise there's no pics, but I'll grab some once I get these fixes done.

I just wanted to say thank you for this thread. I'm leveling up my Negan and this info has been absolutely invaluable to me. Negan Cosplay.jpg

I'm really late to the game but I think Negans pants are dickies work pants. http://www.dickies.com/pants/874-flex-work-pant/874F.html?dwvar_874F_color=CH#start=2

There are a couple different style pants on there but they look very close to his Alexandria visit style pants.

y'know what? they might just be, they have the wide belt loops which I was looking for. nice catch.

also, just wanted to note that this build isn't dead, finishing my Kylo Ren has just taken a lot longer than I'd anticipated. This is next on the docket.

I'm interested in the black loop that links his bullet belt to his regular belt. What is that even called? I'm trying to Google it but I'm not having any success.

Having trouble finding a belt keeper big enough to go around the belts and also not sure of whether to use a scarf or bandana. What did everyone else use?

Re: Negan from The Walking Dead (ID'ing parts)

Pants

So far I've spotted 2 different pairs of pants that Negan wears:

At the end of Season 6 (and parts of season 7, such as when Carl is 'visiting') it was a pair of plain grey pants with jean-style pockets.

fDDwZs8.png

For which these seem to be a pretty good match. (The only possible difference being the stitching across the middle of the back pockets, it's hard to spot that detail in the photos I have)

Lee Uniforms Men Slim Straight Pant - $24 - Purchase Link
WBfYu5z.png

The other pair he wears during his visits to Alexandria, and they're a plain grey pant in more of a dress style.
iqKtNMc.png

The sticking points on these is finding rear pockets with the right style edges around them, and belt loops that are wide enough.

Though it seems Negan might be a Lee man because these are pretty close...

Lee Men's Total Freedom Relaxed Classic Fit Flat Front Pant - $24 - Purchase Link
0G9pigS.png

The belt loops on these are too skinny (they could be modded pretty easily though), but the back pockets are pretty close. Also, strangely from these pictures the navy ones seem the closest colour match, though I imagine the charcoal would work too.

I dont know if anybody is still interested in this but negan was actually wearing Joe‘s jeans. His pants were recently auctioned for $ 3.600

Attachments

• 3D6BDA48-1133-4360-9458-D45B8FC13D5A.jpeg
    3D6BDA48-1133-4360-9458-D45B8FC13D5A.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 119
  • 7907F762-FAF6-4BD9-AD7B-474CEEE537EE.jpeg
    7907F762-FAF6-4BD9-AD7B-474CEEE537EE.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 76B033C5-4C42-43F8-9406-1007A572A8EF.jpeg
    76B033C5-4C42-43F8-9406-1007A572A8EF.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 104
Hello everyone,

I just saw this awesome thread today, I believe if I seen this thread before so I can save my time that I spent on Negan's jacket.
I really appreciate robo3687 paper mock-up, it was amazing to me. Althoug we use this technic for leather bags but haven't used in jacket pattrens.
Althoug, I have done my first Negan's jacket but I feel I have to needs some tweaks.
I hope, We would see robo3687's final jacket soon.

Thnaks,

Hello friends,

if anybody is still interested in making this jacket i got some very nice informations for you - directly from costume designer Eulyn C Hufkie.

She told me the real jacket is soft, thin black lamb skin leather. She aged the jacket with alcohol and vent it and crushed it with her hands. She tried to copy the comic book look to the T. And of course its custome made for JDM. She hand dyed his scarf to get the exact red as the comic. The belt is also custom made.

:)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back