rip Carrie

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Lord Richard Attenborough and Robin Williams all over again. A little piece of my childhood, now one with the Force. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP, princess. Odd how hard this is hitting me. Just always thought she would be there. Bet they're freaking out at LFL and Disney. Did they even have Ep. VIII in the can?

Some friends in London, Edinburgh and Los Angeles all decided to watch her first Star Wars film (1977) this evening. I am too.

Some friends in London, Edinburgh and Los Angeles all decided to watch her first Star Wars film (1977) this evening. I am too.
Probably the most streamed movie tonight. Servers will crash.

Just wow, wow. RIP Princess.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

so sad. Thanks Uncle George for casting her in SW - we may never have had the princess we grew up with.
Rest in Peace.
e7f988d517bb7c7a15b5726120bbfd8a.jpg

I was devastated when I heard the news.

First Alan Rickman, now Carrie. It honestly feels as though a piece of my childhood has died with them.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

She is one with the Force now...

My wife started crying saying no, and then I looked up and saw them announce it. Very sad day indeed. I really thought she would pull through.

Like many today, Im taking a few moments to process this. 2016 has been a hard year, and im thankful for what she gave to the film industry.

Re: Rest in peace dear Carrie, you will always be our Princess

Did they even have Ep. VIII in the can?

The second reaction I had to the news of our Princess becoming one with the Force was to check if principal photography for Episode VIII had concluded. It was announced that it had wrapped back in July 2016. Though she won't be in Episode IX, she should be in VIII. Though they may be able to add her in to Episode IX digitally.

I received The Making of The Empire Strikes Back book for Christmas and had been skimming through it last night looking at all the photos of Carrie and the rest of the crew and marveling at the fun they were having. The last page is a full photo of Carrie in her Hoth outfit, seated on the ground with her knees scrunched up to her chest against a wall and a regal turn of her head towards the photographer. It's a wonderful photo.

I hope that the studio includes a dedication at the end of the Episode VIII to both Carrie Fisher and Kenny Baker. The Force was with them. May they be one with the Force...Always.

Saw R1 again today with a friend.

Almost had to look away.

Seriously, I almost lost it. I've had a genuine lump in my throat all day.

RIP Princess.

when people die that was an inspiration to you as a child or made some kind of mark you begin to question your own mortality and whats really important in Life.
RIP Carrie You are a legend and a true Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back