How should I go about painting this color for a future Blade Runner gun

DumbledorePool

I am building my own blade runner gun that's going to be 3D printed. I wanted to paint it like the gun in the link below. I am new to the rpf and prop building in general. I really love the turquoise color and wanted to use that for my version but not sure what would be the perfect paint and how to make it look metallic and wanted to do the gold painting like it also has.

Any ideas or tips will help tremendously.

http://designerr.deviantart.com/art/The-Lotus-Revolver-518094770

welcome to the RPF. you can get metalic paints. search model master turquoise metallic and look around for other name brands till you find something to your liking. will probably have to be wethered a bit to get that look..

I'm hardly an expert at such things so take my following advice with care. I think that the green on the revolver looks almost like jade, if jade has the kind of look you want then you could search just as sean suggested, but you could also search for a "jade paint" or something, also the gold could be brass. Just a few suggestions for what you could maybe search to find what you want, good luck!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back