BS disney hybrid kylo ren helmet, did I correctly understand?

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
HI all,
I was thinking about a vader costume but after doing searches, wow, it's a big bill, so I will more choose a Kylo ren costume.
I took a look at several threads here, and seems the cheapest option would to choose a BS helmet and use a disney helmet for the bottom part.
But I have questions to the guys who know:

-are these the helmets we are looking for?

s-l1600-1.jpg201600016866.jpg

-why to use the disney bottom part instead of the original BS complete helmet, seems it's larger, but is there another reason?
-is it possible to just add material on the BS bottom part to buy only one helmet and get a similar result?
-how is the BS, compared to a anovos or even the real stuff regarding scale (not texture or so, no comparation)?

here is what I seem to have understood.
-There is a boring complex line, switch etc to fill on the BS, and the texture has to be softened a bit.
-the chrome part is wrong, regarding openings and profile, not flat, but rounded, but many prefer to keep the original chrome look so they only enlarge the hols on bottom for more accuracy.
-the mouth part is too small, so the braves of us take it from the disney helmet and stick it to the BS helmet.

I would try to keep the sound if good enough, and try to get a moving mouth part if possible, did anybody do it?
I think I will also remove the chrome color and replace for aluminum powder coating then sanded and polished, probably do same on the damaged areas before painting, for a more realistic look.

I decided against doing the "Disney replacement", and kept the BS faceplate. I essentially just added "depth" to it with a dremel and bondo. I put a thread here:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=269978

I am currently working on finishing the detail of the mask / bondo using an exacto knife, sand paper and the dremel...and will be posting the finished product soon.

I left the chrome in parts and just did the cheeks, fabric and some weathering. I have been told the chrome is one of the best parts about the BS.

There are several videos on how to do a BS mod...just do your research, and I think what you choose to do is what will work best for you. Me, personally, I am not the world's best at the "welding"...so I would rather keep the structural integrity.

Good luck!

Yup, that's the 2 i use on my modded helmets which you've seen on the Knights of Ren costume page on FB :)

If you need or want any advice or just to chat about processes, i'd be happy to help!

RichDaveC's (1).JPGDaveC's (2).JPGDaveC's (3).JPGDaveC's (4).JPG

Yes I recognise the third picture here you are Richard campbell.
I will use these pics to add you in the accuracy album.
I finally went on a anovos choice but I may try a bs disney attempt in case of someone in france would order it from me, also thinking about a motorization on the mouthplate.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back