Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

Carrie Fisher Drowned In Moonlight, Strangled By Her Own Bra.

C0tXMyeXcAI3PO8.jpg

Carrie Fisher...thank you for what you gave to the Star Wars universe...to us fans. It took a little while for the shock to set in but writing this now I'm tearing up.

What a rough year for SW...Kenny Baker and now Carrie Fisher. You will be missed and always remembered. MTFBWYA and rest in peace.

Carrie Fisher...thank you for what you gave to the Star Wars universe...to us fans. It took a little while for the shock to set in but writing this now I'm tearing up.

What a rough year for SW...Kenny Baker and now Carrie Fisher. You will be missed and always remembered. MTFBWYA and rest in peace.
Also Peter Summer, who played the guy asking about TK421.

And Admiral Ackbar

I was a pre-pubescent ten-year-old when I first saw Star Wars, so Carrie Fisher was never a sex symbol to me, no matter how well she wore that metal bikini six years later. George Lucas cast to type, so Carrie and Princess Leia had many things in common: strength, resolve, confidence, intelligence...and brashness. As she said herself, she could never have played a "shrinking violet".

One thing Carrie had over Leia was her wit. She had a way with words all her own, and always had a unique point of view of any situation. Her telling of any well-covered event was always the most interesting.

Too soon she is gone. She would have relished aging into a delightful "tough old broad", and we are all the lesser for missing out on that.

For those who would judge her for her struggles with drugs, I invite you to read this brief account of her interview with Diane Sawyer in 2000:
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=132315&page=1
If that doesn't temper your opinion at least a little, then so be it.

I was in the parking lot to tour a new gym when I got the news. It took several long hard minutes before I was able to compose myself and go in. I played the Princess Leia theme repeatedly on the way. She'll be missed - she meant to so much to all of us. Rest Peacefully, Carrie Fisher.

She fought for those that couldn't always fight for themselves, and not just in a galaxy far, far away...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...advice-column-mental-illness-bipolar-disorder

Even though to most of us, she'll always be Leia, there was so much more to her than that role. People on the net commenting her substance abuse, without knowing the history behind it.
I'll miss the crazy tweets of Spacemom. And I'll miss her voice. I might be the exception but I thought she was "hottest" (forgive me the expression) in RotJ on Endor. I found her voice and looks actually improved over the course of the OT.

So sad...

66b90dffad3bf9cb819231aa9c3ed4af.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And Admiral Ackbar

...and Drewe Henley,.....Red Leader in Star Wars & Rogue One

J

Saw the first SW in 1977 when I was 19 and damn!! Carrie was sexy and independent and funny...The Force is strong was/is strong with that one. My condolences to her family and friends:cry:cry:cry

My sister broke the news to me while I was making burgers. Couldn't help but think while cooking, "Damn, shoulda gotten that photo with her when I had the chance those years back.":facepalm

Fare thee well, Princess.

Rest in Piece Carrie Fisher 1956-2016, Most recently depicted as General Leia Organa, but to us she has always been Royalty!

Saw this from Kevin Smith on FB

The Princess stole my heart at age 7. Anybody who knows me knows #CarrieFisher was my first love. I thrilled to the adventures of #princessleia in the @starwars movies, but from '77 to '84, I was in love with Carrie Fisher herself. My bedroom was filled with Carrie Fisher pictures from any movie she was ever in (including Polaroids I took off the TV when#thebluesbrothers hit cable). I was jealous of Paul Simon when he was dating Carrie Fisher and wouldn't listen to his music until they split up. I paid to see Carrie Fisher and #chevychase in Under the Rainbow nine times when it was in theaters (mostly because Carrie Fisher was in underwear in one scene). In childhood, I committed myself to Carrie Fisher without ever meeting her the way novice Nuns commit themselves to ****** without meeting Him. Decades later, I got to tell her this when Carrie Fisher and @jaymewes were in a station wagon on the set of #jayandsilentbobstrikeback. She was gracious about hearing it for the zillionth time from the zillionth man or woman who grew up idolizing her, but wickedly added "I'm glad to know I helped you find your light saber." And with that, she stopped being Carrie Fisher to me and just became Carrie. That's the Carrie I'll always remember: the dutiful standard-bearer of childhood dreams with a the wicked sense of humor and a way with words. She didn't want to get paid for her role in @jayandsilentbob Strike Back; instead, she asked that we buy her these antique beaver chairs. Her reason: "Beaver seems an appropriate currency for this movie." When she was a guest on Season 1 of our @hulu show #Spoilers, Carrie curled up in the throne like she belonged there. And she did: after all, she was royalty. As a boy, I dreamed of marrying Carrie Fisher. As a young filmmaker, I dreamed of casting Carrie Fisher. As an adult, I dreamed of being as sharp-witted and prepossessed as Carrie Fisher. And now that Carrie Fisher is gone, I'll dream of my friend Carrie - whose entire magnificent career I was lucky enough to witness, whose honesty made me a better person, and whose spirit - like The Force - will be with us always. Goodnight, Sweet Princess.

This nearly made my face make juice!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back