Rogue One Blue Squadron

Forgot to post pictures of the X-wing from the book. Here it is along with the Blue Squadron pilots.
If you notice, Red leader has the same panel colors on the wings as can be seen on Blue Leader. It does appear that the nose stripes are different, though, and both have the yellow/tan panel on the top front of the nose.
19CD8A0C-7847-49A0-9805-FB21A6EDD3B8_zps11spuxvs.jpg

Pilots...notice the U-Wing crews have different helmets.
DC3E1934-BE7B-46D1-90EE-EC858E7DBC8A_zpsd78ygilw.jpg

Chris

Saw the book today at a lokal store. Was my impression right that the digital model of the X-Wing printed in the double page has the straight transition behind the cockpit, different to the life-sized set piece's curved transition? Is the rendering perhaps of a non-R1 CGI model?

I know this is an X-Wing thread but I don´t know where else to ask, did anyone else notice a Red Jammer Y-Wing parked outside the Yavin hangar or did my eyes trick me becaue I wanted to see it? I think I saw it parked outside the hangar door in a scene which took place inside the hangar or when someone walked out of the hangar, maybe towards the U-Wing.

I too am on the hunt for RO Blue Leader reference. I think Dobber is on the right track overall, the Bandai RO Red Leader seems to have very similar markings with just minor differences. Has anyone come across any decent screen caps yet? Are we going to have to wait for the blueray?

I got the visual guide with hopes of seeing the Blue squadron birds, sad face. Also, did anyone notice in the visual guide the Green squadron pilots? They all look like standard x-wing pilots, makes me wonder if their T65's have green markings. Stands to reason that they would.

IMO, if you want to make an accurate Blue Leader, just follow the new Bandai Red squadron kit but swap the Red strips with Blue. And then paint the pilot accordingly.

Kinda like this?

01_zpsgz7y9udg.jpg

02_zpsyns5y6ca.jpg

03_zpsj4vq7eeu.jpg

04_zpscxx7ivsl.jpg

05_zpsibj61go0.jpg

06_zpstcwwzvs5.jpg

I made the landing gear removable so the X-Wing can be posed in-flight on the included stand.

07_zpsofselhiw.jpg

08_zps9wljwofg.jpg

09_zpsratxemth.jpg

10_zpsgoiqdich.jpg

11_zps2ygmv2t7.jpg

12_zpsjmwsjkns.jpg

13_zpssuajif9s.jpg

14_zpsy2syivds.jpg

Bandai kit built over 4 days, for a friend and so is sadly no longer in my collection. On the upside, I can just go ahead and build one for myself :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Scavenger, pretty close. The main fuselage needs some adjustments. The left side nose stripe need 2 breaks in it...One light gray towards the front and a darker gray one towards the rear under the canopy. Also that same color grey above the stripe but under the canopy and reaching the rear of the blue Stripe. The right side Blue Stripe has one large break in it towards the front. Beautiful build, though, I really like it. If could just get off my Lazy Ass I would build a Blue Leader too. :lol

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that looks good! I agree it needs some very minor adjustments. Most of the yellow should be more of a tan, there are breaks in the blue bands on both sides, the gray behind the nose on the bottom should be half as long and wrap up to the blue side bands.

All in all with the limited reference its a good build.

Man I love all of the space combat in R1. When they first announced that the filmed would be called 'Rogue One', I thought it was going to be a film about Rogue Squadron, with a lot of cool X-Wing combat.

Still waiting for that film.

SB

Man I love all of the space combat in R1. When they first announced that the filmed would be called 'Rogue One', I thought it was going to be a film about Rogue Squadron, with a lot of cool X-Wing combat.

Still waiting for that film.

SB

Here it is!

distilled down to only 9 minutes of all space battle

Space & Aerial Battle of Scarif Supercut HD

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back