My "Fantastic Beasts" Display

I live rurally. My post office isn't any bigger than your living room. I noticed sometimes when I mail things, they don't scan it, or the barcode doesn't scan. And it doesn't get scanned till it gets to a central post office. That's the only excuse I can think of.

If he lives in a big city, then this doesn't apply.

The new one seems to have more detail in the fingers / face.

I live rurally. My post office isn't any bigger than your living room. I noticed sometimes when I mail things, they don't scan it, or the barcode doesn't scan. And it doesn't get scanned till it gets to a central post office. That's the only excuse I can think of.

If he lives in a big city, then this doesn't apply.

The new one seems to have more detail in the fingers / face.

He does live in a pretty small town from what it looks like.

This is new one definitely looks to have more detail. It's also not made to order, it's already built and ready to ship.

I have been been thinking about doing a Fantastic Beasts costume for Halloween this year...if I do I could use the less detailed one as part of the costume so I don't risk losing or damaging the nicer one.

The new Niffler has shipped already...only hours after the purchase was made. It's coming from Russia, so I assume it will take a little while to get here.

The seller of the the first one told me he went to USPS today and they told him it looked like the item wasn't scanned and will most likely be returned to sender. Frankly, I'm not buying it. I don't think he's trying to scam me as he said if I haven't received it by Tuesday he will refund me the money, however, I do think he was overwhelmed with Niffler purchases and somehow forgot mine. When I bought it, he was the only seller on Etsy offering a decent looking Niffler, and it looks like he sold quite a few.

Hopefully he he comes through with the refund, because I have zero faith I'm actually getting the Niffler from him.

The seller of the the first one told me he went to USPS today and they told him it looked like the item wasn't scanned and will most likely be returned to sender. Frankly, I'm not buying it.

As I mentioned, I've had it not scanned when I take it to my hole-in-wall post office....and if it doesn't get scanned when it hits the central office....(error on error).....then the only time it is scanned is on arrival. I've never had one "come back" when it isn't scanned....it just doesn't update the tracking till it gets delivered.

Check your time that you can complain and DON'T GO OVER.....other than that, I wouldn't rush him too much on the refund...because if he gives you your money and then it shows up on your doorstep, you've got to pay him again. :wacko

As I mentioned, I've had it not scanned when I take it to my hole-in-wall post office....and if it doesn't get scanned when it hits the central office....(error on error).....then the only time it is scanned is on arrival. I've never had one "come back" when it isn't scanned....it just doesn't update the tracking till it gets delivered.

Check your time that you can complain and DON'T GO OVER.....other than that, I wouldn't rush him too much on the refund...because if he gives you your money and then it shows up on your doorstep, you've got to pay him again. :wacko

Yeah, I'd honestly rather just GET it so I can see which of the two ends up being the better product, or which one I like better, then I'll just list the other one for sale myself.

That said, if I haven't seen it by Wednesday, I'm asking for a refund. It was supposedly sent Priority Mail Two Day on Wednesday of this past week, so it SHOULD have arrived on Friday...so Wednesday will have given it basically five mailing days to get to me, which it should easily have made it to me by that time.

***EDIT***

I also ordered my wand today. I've never had one of these Noble Collection wands, so I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of quality it is.

Last edited:
Yeah, Wednesday sounds fair. I had one that SAID 2 days, but ended up taking the 5 days that Priority instead of 2 day takes. That has only happened ONE time.
If it does end up being USPS, I would feel guilty about giving the guy a hard time. But 5 days is the most for the INFO he's giving you.

Well, my Newt Scamander wand showed up. It's pretty nice, but I wish it didn't have the TM and information like that painted on it. I might try to buff it off of there, or possibly repaint the entire "wood" portion of the wand. I might also just display it with that side facing down. :D

Newt's journal also became available early from the Noble Collection, so I ordered that today. Not sure when it will arrive.

Still no Niffler. I'm becoming more and more convinced it was just never actually shipped, but the seller doesn't really want to tell me that. He says he'll refund me my purchase price today (Thursday) so we'll see. If I don't have some kind of information about the refund by Friday night, I'll be filing the claim with Etsy and hope that kind of forces his hand a bit. I'm not upset that I didn't get it...but I'm a bit upset that I really do feel like he just didn't end up sending mine to me. I look at his Etsy store and he has more Nifflers offered, and most of them are about $10 more than I paid for mine...so it makes me wonder if he just kind of skipped out on mine and instead shipped it to someone who paid more. I don't know...I don't think he was trying to scam me or rip me off, but I feel like I'm not getting the entire story from him, either.

Well, he came through on the refund really quickly. Sent it to me this afternoon, along with a few more apologies.

I feel for the guy...I think he's in over his head with orders and is struggling to keep up. I understand the feeling, too...I used to build and sell puppets on Etsy, and at one point in time I ended up with WAAAY too many orders, but I ended up just being honest with a few buyers and telling them I wasn't going to be able to get to them any time soon, and asking if they wanted a refund. A few said yes, a few said take whatever time I needed. Ultimately, I ended up changing the way I did business on Etsy and started refusing orders if I already had too much on my plate...it was tough to do, turn down sales, but it ended up being best for me.

If he did in fact send it, and the Post Office did lose it, I know he at least shipped it Priority Mail, so I hope he contacts them about the lost package to at the very least get whatever insurance he can get out of it.

Oh well, on tow continuing to wait for a Niffler...as this one is slowly making it's way to me From Russia with Love.

I didn't want to start a new thread for something so similar, so I thought I'd just post my Fantastic Beast critter replicas here also.

So far I've completed a Bowtruckle, a Niffler and an Occamy:

FB Display.JPGA Niffler.jpgOccamy with Egg.jpgBowtrucklePickett.jpg

I'm not sure what to tackle next; perhaps a Fwooper or a Swooping Evil.

FB Display.JPG

A Niffler.jpg

Occamy with Egg.jpg

BowtrucklePickett.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow love your collection PotionMistress!! :D I just found this website whilst looking for Fantastic Beasts props, I've only made a bowtruckle so far but I really want to make some of the creature medicine bottles from Newt's case, so that's going to be my next project :) Completely new to prop making though so need to do lots of reading up on aging bottles and things!

Gimpdiggity, I hope your new Niffler turned up in the end!! Sure he'll be worth the wait!

Here's my Fantastic Beast prop collection so far. Some leaflets and things printed from the paper props section, my bowtruckle, and just finished the potion bottles!! :D Definitely needs a Niffler though! oops seem to have added the photo twice by mistake and can't seem to remove one!

Beasts props.JPG

Attachments

• Beasts props.JPG
    Beasts props.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 85
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back