Judge Dredd Lawgiver MK One. Build pics

Forthfan

British Sci Fi has always been a big favourite of mine. i remember like it was yesterday seeing the very first Prog of 2000AD on the newstand in the local store.
I still have my original copy of Prog 2 with its free biotronic stickers free gift, Featuring the very first Judge Dredd story.
I recently couldnt pass up on a reasonable Judge's helmet at a good price i stumbled on (about 100 aussie bucks with free postage).
So i decided to whip up a Lawgiver to go with it. I used the blueprint/cutaway pic that featured in the comics and started poking around the garage for bits.

Its not a perfect replica, but i think it captures the essence of the original.

Old flashlight and metal rod. the rod has a thread on one end which made attaching the sights easy so i kept it

001.JPG

The flashlight end becomes the muzzle

002.JPG

Rough wooden handgrip

003.JPG

Old pill bottle (Dogs heart medicine) gets attached
Handgrip gets shaped, and some metal thingys from the junk box are selected as detailing

002 (2).JPG

004 (2).JPG

The red bit is the cap off a butane gas canister for those little camp stoves, not strictly blueprint accurate but i think this thing needs all the fine detail it can get. aluminum trigger guard

006.JPG

Ammo packs, Cut from an old BluRay security case i accidentally took home (It scanned fine at the self serve register and i though nothing of it till i got home and had to find out how to get the bugger off)

008.JPG

Mailman delivers Helmet, happy with it considering the price. Will need some work but i want it to look "Street Judge" so it will work out well

004.JPG

Starting with the detailing using my favourite sheet. Old X-ray film. It wicks superglue really well, gives a nice gloss finish and is much cheaper than styrene (if youve ever broken something like a toe or two and have it sitting around)

002 (2).JPG

Last edited:
The devil is always in the detail, this will get a coat of silver when i have detailed it with Xray film plates.
This is so i can scuff the satin black final coats to give it a used industrial look, all scratched and beat up.

001.JPG

002.JPG
003.JPG

And thats where i am at thus far.

Some more detailing, i need to get the target pic made up and i will set it behind clear perspex. the paint and scuffing and i think it will be a nice compliment to the helmet as a display.

Will post the final pics ASAP.

I hope all the pics are OK, i read the threads here on other LGMK1's and ppl seemed to want build pics, so i made sure i took plenty as i went.

Last edited:
The devil is always in the detail, this will get a coat of silver when i have detailed it with Xray film plates.
This is so i can scuff the satin black final coats to give it a used industrial look, all scratched and beat up.

View attachment 690971

View attachment 690972
View attachment 690973

And thats where i am at thus far.

Some more detailing, i need to get the target pic made up and i will set it behind clear perspex. the paint and scuffing and i think it will be a nice compliment to the helmet as a display.

Will post the final pics ASAP.

I hope all the pics are OK, i read the threads here on other LGMK1's and ppl seemed to want build pics, so i made sure i took plenty as i went.

Pics In third and fourth post not working

I dont know what happened, i didnt do anything different to the first posts.
Oh well it was worth a try.

I will try and post pics of the finished prop. later

I know the badge isnt consistent with the Comic version Lawgiver but it is what it is.
This build has been problematic, i got a much nicer cleaner result from my Blastech E-11 build.
But again i guess it is what it is.

Heres the pic. i just have the sights to finish. I am going for an night vision green with red and black decals which i'll post when its done. The green and red play to the other colour elements in the Judges uniform, and i will likely do a justice dept eagle in gold on the other side of the numeric indicator assembly

Anyway here it is, ive been happier with other builds but this will do i guess

001.JPG

Final pic. The helmet came with dark visor only, so i had to modify it to include the clear understrip, but i'm happy with the overall collection as it stands014.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back