WARNING: Do not buy from this seller on EBAY

Did a little digging. hes selling this R2D2 built to order. s-l225.jpg but this Is not his build. same pic here..https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=34521.0
and he just wants eight dollars and fifteen cents to ship a full size R2D2...and the one In the pic was made In florida.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Buil...324e060&pid=100574&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=162337137574

Last edited:
Did a little digging. hes selling this R2D2 built to order.View attachment 694145 but this Is not his build. same pic here..https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=34521.0
and he just wants eight dollars and fifteen cents to ship a full size R2D2...and the one In the pic was made In florida.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Buil...324e060&pid=100574&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=162337137574

Why hasn't he been reported to ebay ? It's against their rules to pirate other peoples images in auctions.

Nice sleuth work sean.

I'm guessing your message had something to do with him realizing there was an error in his listing.

I remember being able able to use EBay back in the day without worrying about scammers and crooks. Nowadays it seems like every third seller is up to something shady.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice sleuth work @sean.

I'm guessing your message had something to do with him realizing there was an error in his listing.

I remember being able able to use EBay back in the day without worrying about scammers and crooks. Nowadays it seems like every third seller is up to something shady.

Most Likely.and something else a bit peculiar.
Untitled (3).jpg
IMG_0287.PNG
he changed location when he canceled the sale..HHmmm

Small potato stuff he can come through with. he's most likely posting these big ticket Items In the hopes. he could find another person that would put up with his lies till the pay pal time ran out. hopefully no one would fall for that again...

Small potato stuff he can come through with. he's most likely posting these big ticket Items In the hopes. he could find another person that would put up with his lies till the pay pal time ran out. hopefully no one would fall for that again...

I expected to see negative feedback from the spartan about his ironman suit.

Hope you got your money back. It's really disappointing sometimes. I had some great purchases from the internet, but the last one was horrible. It felt like I dumped $400 in the garbage.

The seller was so unprofessional and wouldn't give me a refund or answer my messages or emails. There was no response form the seller after I sent money and then after I got the item a month late it was damaged and didn't look like the photo or fit the description. :angry

I would definitely recommend buying from someone that has a lot of positive feedback, experience & good reviews. It takes more research than I thought. And researching more can help save you so much stress and headache later.. I also found that asking around first to other people, who bought the same item, is helpful too

Always check with your credit card company. American Express offers more protection than most companies. It may take some doing but twice in my life I have ripped off by someone but luckily paid by AMEX, in both cases I was refunded by AMEX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Built-r2d2-/252785373525?hash=item3adb2eb155:g:LqUAAOSwax5YsCMs

I had a few emails back and forth with him regarding his listing for an R2-D2 on ebay.

Hassell: What exactly are you looking for in an r2?

Me: Lights and sound, static prop. Styrene/ resin body, Aluminum dome, 3 leg adjustable. Weathered paint.

Hassell: Ill tell you what i can do. I do fiberglass and aluminum. If you can do 1500 total, meaning 750 down today and 750 upon delivery, i can do a fully lit rc r2d2 made of fiberglass, resin, and aluminum with sound effects, can you do that? If so, let me know, ill draw up a contract and we'll discuss payment methods from there.

Me: Jim, RC at that price point would be amazing. Do you have any additional pics or video of yoyr work I could look over? Thanks for the prompt responses.

Hassell: I do not, however i can refer you to a previous customer of mine if you want a testimonial. I would like to get this started asap though so let me know if you'd like to start. The previous customer is Evan at *************@hotmail.com.
Here's a pic of me with one of my aluminum domes.
Are you there?
Hello?

Me: Yep - sent an email to your testimonial customer, awaiting response. Is the image on your Ebay listing an R2 that you built?

Hassell: Would you like one built, sir?
That is one that i helped a friend build.

Me: Okay. I'm very interested - just doing a little research and due diligence as I have (unfortunately, and no offense to you) been burned in the past by folks in the prop building community. I will let you know if I decide to move forward. Thanks!

Hassell: I can fully understand, as i have been burned before as well. I assure you i will not do that to you. My only goal is to provide my future customers with the best droids i possibly can for the best price on the market.

Me: Sounds good Jim, i'll keep in touch.

Hassell: -Please do, again the quicker we can get started, the better. If we can today at all, that would be awesome. Let me know
- Have you given it some thought?
- Are you there, Eric? Please let me know if you're interested.

Me: Any additional pics, videos, etc. would certainly be helpful in bolstering confidence on the buyer end, but I'm going to pass at this time. The R2 pic in your ebay listing seems to be a picture from a DIY build I was following in the UK, which used an Ikea bowl for the dome. RPF is usually a good voucher for me, but there have been some concerns raised there. Again, not trying to be difficult, but thanks for your time.

He seems like a nice enough cat, and he has a customer vouching for him via email - there are just several red flags that I think anyone would have a hard time overlooking.

Hey.... don't buy from him....

You can buy from here for $1,000 less...
eBay item number:252785373525

I mean, what could go wrong with the purchase? Giving a $1,000 to someone for a R2D2 and they have zero feedback score? Nothing to worry about there. :lol

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back