HULK SMASH method of dusting your collection? Anyone?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Every time I go through and dust my stuff, no matter how careful I am I break something or break something again. It probably happens one out of three times. The other day I managed to break the hand off of my GG Stormtrooper mini bust again, snap the top of my Darth Malak min bust lightsaber off, and then on my GG Chewbacca statue, I broke the leg off the C-3PO parts in the backpack for the umpteenth time. Somehow, even when I go "Okay be very careful" I still manage to move something away from a perceived problem and break it against something else! Anyone else?

Sadly i'm dealing with this right now, the silencer on my Deus Ex statue snapped off with the tiny barrel in it so now i got to find something strong to use to glue it. Wouldn't be bad but the gun has so little space it's nearly impossible to find something to use as a pin to hold them together on top of gluing them.

i keep most of my stuff in cheat display cases from IKEA, i bought these thinking it will keep the dust out... but they dont. i bought a little swiffer to dust off stuff but it doesnt get all the nocks and crannies.

not to highjack the thread but anyone have any advice on good dusters? compressed air maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

to get back on topic, i dont have a problem breaking stuff, but every time i blow my vintage fingers off the guns always fall out of their hands.. some of these figures have a hell of a time keeping blasters in their grip... its a real PITA

Pretty much everything I have is plastic so about once every other year I just take everything outside in the hot summer and just hose it all off. Seriously, I do this. Stuff fills up my whole driveway. On several occasions I have had people stop and ask if I was having a garage sale.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back