Fantastic Beasts-Niffler Wooden Model and Book

Gimpdiggity

Master Member
Hi everyone.

I wasn't really sure where to put this, so I'll pop it in here and hope it doesn't get moved. :)

I've got a Niffler on the way, it's being handmade as I type this, so I'm not exactly sure when it will show up...I have a grand plan for a display for it, but I'll save that for another thread.

This is a thread to show you guys something kind of cool that I found in Sam's Club today, so I'm sure you could find it at many other department stores.

It's a small wooden model, similar to those ones we all made as kids of dinosaur skeletons. It comes with a book that has some cool information about the creature, and lots of pictures. For this reason alone, anyone looking to make these little guys as dolls or sculptures might be interested in picking one up. It also has some good high resolution shots of things like Newt's costume and the suitcase.

3D389A18-324F-4E7B-90C7-8018040CC6F4_zpspavmo2l8.jpg

The wood pieces are laser cut and it took me maybe 20 minutes to put it together. It would be a great gift for a kid (or an adult kid) that enjoyed the film and likes the magic creatures. I really enjoyed the entire kit...the book is cool, and the little wooden Niffler will go good with my display when I get it done.

9A877944-EA6A-4955-9516-5E85A6B03DA6_zpsg1bsjyxl.jpg

542F27CE-4D1D-4D3F-B88D-D68450724746_zpsbuzjzc0r.jpg

Anyway, I just thought I'd share. If it's in the wrong place, sorry about that!! I figured here would be good seeing as it's got those reference shots in the book it comes with.

It seems to me that this could work well as a base for a more accurate model. What size is it? Perhaps too small for an adult niffler?

It seems to me that this could work well as a base for a more accurate model. What size is it? Perhaps too small for an adult niffler?

Oh oh it's definitely too small. Maybe 4" tall??

That said...it would be extremely easy to scale it up and build it bigger...

I picked up the Swooping Evil model from this line as well. I'm hoping they release some more from the film.

There are other model kits that they make that are pretty cool looking as well...some Marvel stuff, some Star Wars stuff, a Batmobile...I think I'll be getting a few more of them!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back