Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

Hard to believe it seems like just a short while ago we were struggling in wait for TFA to be released in theaters. Then we had to wait for the DVD release. Then we got a glimpse of R1 and again had to wait and wait for the trailers then finally the theatrical release. Now we're days away from R1 being released on DVD. EPVIII will be on DVD before we know it! WOW time sure has flown by!

But I still can't stand the waiting! ;)

Yeah the one Star Wars movie a year is working out just fine for me!

I made this little comparison now that there are good quality caps available.
http://i.imgur.com/42XT8aZ.jpg

No frakking clue how they manage to pull off a WAAAAAAAY better CG Leia for the VIDEO GAME Battlefront 3 :confused beyond belief :wacko
R1 CG-Leia looks like a different person altogether.

CG Leia looked fine until she smiled, they totally fubared it. Carrie's smile and teeth were very distinctive and they missed by a mile.

That and I think they went overboard on the skin blemishes for Leia and Tarkin, they stood out too much and don't blend well with the photography of the live actors around them.

CG Leia looked fine until she smiled, they totally fubared it. Carrie's smile and teeth were very distinctive and they missed by a mile.

That and I think they went overboard on the skin blemishes for Leia and Tarkin, they stood out too much and don't blend well with the photography of the live actors around them.

why did i think of that scene with wensday in Addams family two?

I think the main issue talking about inconsistencies in who said what in ANH is due to the fact this was a small movie made in the late 70's that no one imagined would grow to be this huge and still be getting dissected and discussed 40 years later.

I think R1 did a pretty damn good job trying to connect the dots. The film turned out far and away better than my expectations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lets be honest... tomorrow 95% of you are just going to skip to the darth vader scenes in digital release :)

Tomorrow? Why wait so long? :p

Vader candy:
BadassVader1.jpg BadassVader2.jpg BadassVader3.jpg BadassVader4.jpg BadassVader5.jpg

That scene made me hate Vader again. After his imagery even appearing on children's sleepwear, the evil gets diluted down to little more than a product brand.

Yeah I found it very odd after the fact how much I loved that scene and thought to myself, "Man I must be a monster for loving that scene."

Hahahah! I think it was just so exciting because that's the ruthless Vader I wish we got to see some of in the prequels that was cut so short in his time as Vader before ANH.

I REALLY hope Disney makes an anthology Vader film.

Yeah I found it very odd after the fact how much I loved that scene and thought to myself, "Man I must be a monster for loving that scene."

Hahahah! I think it was just so exciting because that's the ruthless Vader I wish we got to see some of in the prequels that was cut so short in his time as Vader before ANH.

I REALLY hope Disney makes an anthology Vader film.

a vader/emporer movie with the ORIGINAL guys while they are still alive is a no brainer.

- - - Updated - - -

Why all the hand wringing over liking the bad guy? The bad guys are always cooler, even to a kid! Cobra > GI Joe, Skeletor > He-man, Jason > stoned teenagers, Vader > Fleet Troopers...this is easy math :)

must be nice and positive 100% of the time. can't be seen as nasty or evil in today's world. not popular :).

Don't forget mumm-ra, Shredder, Dr.Claw...and dozens of others :)

well, i just skipped to darths scene myself...

The voice wasn't AS off as I remembered it, but about 25% of the performance sounds like normal james and not darth....

I watched some of the behind the scenes stuff last night and Tarkin does look more believable on the home release. It's probably thanks to the resolution not being that of the cinema to much more bring out all those extra details that stood out more. It's less distracting and the HD resolution is already nice and sharp. Not 4k, but it looks wonderful.... to me, anyway...

People online keep whining about no originality in new Star Wars, but the one thing people seem to love most about Rogue One is the final 10 minutes...

Starring...

Everything in the first 10 minutes of ANH.

So if all the fans want is original universe stuff in Star Wars, then my social media feeds being filled with dozens of relinks to the final 10 minutes of Rogue One is sending a bad message to Disney.

I mean, Vader stole the show, good thing it was at the end. But I really enjoyed the use of the Corvette as a battering ram. One of my favorite scenes. And the AT-CT getting its legs mowed down was also good. I also enjoyed seeing the Y wings get some glory

I enjoyed the whole thing, I was a bit lost with the whole Saw Gerrera thing, at first I wasn't
seeing the narrative need but I've processed it now. I knew they would butt it up against SW77 towards
the end so people enjoy that sure, if the whole film was that I don't think fans would be as happy, it
was not overdone and because it was short it had greater impact as the final act.

I enjoyed the whole thing, I was a bit lost with the whole Saw Gerrera thing, at first I wasn't
seeing the narrative need but I've processed it now. I knew they would butt it up against SW77 towards
the end so people enjoy that sure, if the whole film was that I don't think fans would be as happy, it
was not overdone and because it was short it had greater impact as the final act.

The problem was that, to me, the whole movie didn't feel like star wars. add to it all the b ehind the scenes hollywood social drama, and it just ruined the fun for me.

it felt like a sub par effort, that SHOULD have been a home run. but, because of all those issues, and the reshoots showing that he folk behind the scenes didn't know what to do without the controversy there to sell it..

it not only deluded my enthusiasm for the movie pretty quickly, but it also feels like the whole movie itself just was not needed. it was simply another safe bet story for them to do that could help pay off the franchise buy.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back