Subscribe
    2 Weeks Ago  May 8, 2017, 7:22 AM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2026

Greenie said: View Post
    Let's not forget, those 'fuzzy teddy bears' were gonna spit roast (not like that) and eat Han, Chewie and Luke.
    Didn't you see the sign?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    2 Weeks Ago  May 8, 2017, 6:58 PM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2027

It's a sanctuary moon because those smelly space hippies on Alderaan didn't want the "environment" destroyed.

Does anyone remember what ship is destroyed when the Avenger comes out of hyperspace? I couldn't tell if it was a fighter or a smaller ship like a Blockade Runner. That also made me think of how they would keep that from happening in normal traffic. I assume that's where they would have specific entry/exit vectors from a planet to prevent that. I don't recall ever reading anything in the old EU about that other than that there are known hyperspace routes that are safe.
    2 Weeks Ago  May 8, 2017, 8:52 PM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2028

Laspector said: View Post
    That's a good point, I always wondered why they called it that. Yet they always referred to it as THE Sanctuary moon, so I don't think that was the name but more a description of it. However, due to the (I think) definition of Sanctuary, I'm not sure why they would call it that.
    In an early draft of Return of the Jedi Endor was a moon orbiting Coruscant, which was called Had Abbadon at the time. The concept of a sanctuary moon made sense in that context because of Coruscant's absence of anything natural. So, George and Co. either forgot to update the dialog to reflect the final version of the plot, or they just didn't think it necessary or important enough to change.
    From
    Metro Detroit
    2 Weeks Ago  May 9, 2017, 9:55 AM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2029

I don't like fan edits, I think it's a slap in the face of the original creators. I hesitantly share this, but some here might enjoy this...

http://www.maple-films.com/rogue-one-fanedit

The Battle of Scarif is just under 50 minutes long, making it a nice little companion piece to the original theatrical release. Alternatively, you could watch this right before A New Hope! The main point of this edit is to focus on the epic battle sequence from Rogue One, while also adding elements to make it fit in more with the other Star Wars films. This means, among other things:An opening text crawl, which summarizes the events of Rogue One leading up to the battle of Scarif.
    Insertion of several music cues from John Williams. About 50-60% of the film's score is now comprised of classic Star Wars cues.
    Classic Star Wars sound effects added in certain places, along with a few old-school wipe transitions.
    Other cuts and adjustments to scenes throughout the battle, either to fit the new music cues or to pace the film a bit differently. For example, there isn't as much back-and-forth cutting between all the different characters anymore. This may have originally been to make the film seem more exciting, but it also made it difficult to follow the action at times.
    The film ends exactly as it did in the original version, making it a perfect segue into A New Hope.

Hopefully you enjoy this edit- AFTER you've made sure you own a copy of the original film, of course. And please leave comments or feedback!

From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    2 Weeks Ago  May 9, 2017, 12:27 PM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2030

Sluis Van Shipyards said: View Post
    It's a sanctuary moon because those smelly space hippies on Alderaan didn't want the "environment" destroyed.

Does anyone remember what ship is destroyed when the Avenger comes out of hyperspace? I couldn't tell if it was a fighter or a smaller ship like a Blockade Runner. That also made me think of how they would keep that from happening in normal traffic. I assume that's where they would have specific entry/exit vectors from a planet to prevent that. I don't recall ever reading anything in the old EU about that other than that there are known hyperspace routes that are safe.
    I think it was a Rebel transport.
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    2 Weeks Ago  May 9, 2017, 7:57 PM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2031

Ok, well that brings up something I asked earlier. Why would you bring transports?!?!? I could see if they were landing troops, but otherwise they are just targets. It's like they looked at the fleet in ROTJ and thought they needed those. The only thing that ever made sense is the retcon the old EU tried by saying in ROTJ they were made into flying bombs to use against Star Destroyers.
    2 Weeks Ago  May 10, 2017, 7:36 PM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2032

Well they didn't belong in ROTJ either
    From
    Woodbridge, VA
    2 Weeks Ago  May 11, 2017, 1:41 AM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2033

"You go to war with the army you have". I just figure ships were in short supply for the Alliance, so they stuck guns on anything that would fly. Many of the U.S. "Liberty ships" from WWII were sold after the war and became navy ships for other countries, despite being built as freighters.
    2 Weeks Ago  May 11, 2017, 9:47 AM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2034

I like this movie less with each viewing.
    It's really starting to rub me the wrong way.
  10. RPF Premium Member karmajay's Avatar
    From
    Wendell, NC
    2 Weeks Ago  May 11, 2017, 10:08 AM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2035

Sluis Van Shipyards said: View Post
    Ok, well that brings up something I asked earlier. Why would you bring transports?!?!? I could see if they were landing troops, but otherwise they are just targets. It's like they looked at the fleet in ROTJ and thought they needed those. The only thing that ever made sense is the retcon the old EU tried by saying in ROTJ they were made into flying bombs to use against Star Destroyers.
    Those transports actually have more laser cannons than the hammerhead frigates.
  11. Member Since
    Aug 2014
    1 Week Ago  May 17, 2017, 9:39 PM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2036

Axlotl said: View Post
    I like this movie less with each viewing.
    It's really starting to rub me the wrong way.
    Prob should stop watching.
    1 Week Ago  May 18, 2017, 8:02 AM - Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release) #2037

DINVADER said: View Post
    Prob should stop watching.
    Why didn't I think of that? You're a GENIUS!!!