Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

There was a U-Wing with obvious Blue markings that flew with the Blue group on Scarif,.....it dropped off troops also

15590183_1838454493043243_2401327176291225266_n.jpg

15578473_1838453479710011_3619739296312690265_n.jpg

J

I just wish we would have seen the Ghost, especially since when Rebels comes back in January they are doing a two part "Ghosts of Geonosis" story arc with ties into Catalyst. And this guy will be on it....
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it is shown in the battle....
star-wars-rogue-one-ghost-pic.jpg

The only thing that really pissed me off about Rogue One..... That there wasn't a trailer for Episode VIII

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theyre not gonna overshadow a new SW movie by teasing the next one. This isn't Marvel

The Ghost can be seen on the ground outside the base :)

Just speculating what happened to all the rebels on the ship at the end, that Vader and co had invaded. Common sense would have been to capture them and take them to a nearby custody facility. What, like the Death Star? If that is the case then the end of a new hope suddenly isn't so wonderful, as 100s of rebels died when the DS exploded. Or am I thinking this one through too much...

One thing I've noticed is there was never an expansive shot of the Yavin hangar. Most of the shots looked out, which is fine, but there wasn't the one where it looks like it's a mile deep. It looked like it was two x-wings deep, tops.

did it bother anyone else that some of the throw backs looked half assed?

trying to recreate things, the death star firing sequence didn't have the same feel, and the laser effects somehow looked cheaper than they did in the 70s.
Also, the guy with the starfighter checker on the yavin base tower didn't look like he was really feeling his extra gig ;o)

Just speculating what happened to all the rebels on the ship at the end, that Vader and co had invaded. Common sense would have been to capture them and take them to a nearby custody facility. What, like the Death Star? If that is the case then the end of a new hope suddenly isn't so wonderful, as 100s of rebels died when the DS exploded. Or am I thinking this one through too much...

Vader's capture of the capital ship actually bothered me a little after I thought about it. In ANH he says (RE Princess Leia) "I have traced the rebel spies to her - now she is my only link to finding their secret base.' However, it would seem that he probably had a few hundred captured rebels that he could interrogate who would probably be a lot more susceptible to his mind probes.

Either that or the rebels that he slaughters were literally the last ones on board. Still want to know what happened to Raddus though. He seems like the sort who would have gone down with his ship.

Oh, and seems as if we had the same line of thinking when picking our user name (just 9 years apart!)

Theyre not gonna overshadow a new SW movie by teasing the next one. This isn't Marvel

The Ghost can be seen on the ground outside the base :)

Does anyone have a screen grab of this?

Vader's capture of the capital ship actually bothered me a little after I thought about it. In ANH he says (RE Princess Leia) "I have traced the rebel spies to her - now she is my only link to finding their secret base.' However, it would seem that he probably had a few hundred captured rebels that he could interrogate who would probably be a lot more susceptible to his mind probes.

Either that or the rebels that he slaughters were literally the last ones on board. Still want to know what happened to Raddus though. He seems like the sort who would have gone down with his ship.

Oh, and seems as if we had the same line of thinking when picking our user name (just 9 years apart!)

I think the operative word there is spies. Raddus and his fleet are openly rebels and may or may not know the location of the secret rebel base. Leia is a member of the Imperial Senate and presents a much greater threat... an insider threat.

There definitely were X-Wings in Blue group. I don't know if it had U-Wings...but they were around and assigned to someone!

U-Wings can carry several people. It's what they were in on that first mission to get/kill Jyn's dad--plenty of elbow room.

- - - Updated - - -

"Now she is my only link to finding their secret base."

Didn't you just capture an entire Calamari cruiser's worth of rebels? And the crew of the Tantive, for that matter.

thank you

Wow, I never really thought about that. I mean, Leia was on the detention block. You would figure something as big as the Death Star could have hundreds if not thousands of prisoners on it. Maybe not all rebels, but certainly anyone captured that was not sympathetic to the Empire. Luke may have killed God knows how many innocent people.

Not to mention the contractors/Clerks deal.

Wow, I never really thought about that. I mean, Leia was on the detention block. You would figure something as big as the Death Star could have hundreds if not thousands of prisoners on it. Maybe not all rebels, but certainly anyone captured that was not sympathetic to the Empire. Luke may have killed God knows how many innocent people.

Not to mention the contractors/Clerks deal.

You know why you never thought of this? NOBODY thinks of this. I have never once thought that in my life until I saw the Robot Chicken episodes, and I think thats probably normal. When GL wrote this movie, there was no way he thought anyone would scrutinize his stupid dialogue as much as people here do! :lol

Also, I dont get the fanatacism with this U-Wing ship you guys keep talking about, its like its the damn holy grail. What the hell is so great about it? Its the ship from the Rebels tv show? BIg deal. Or is it something more? :confused

You know why you never thought of this? NOBODY thinks of this. I have never once thought that in my life until I saw the Robot Chicken episodes, and I think thats probably normal. When GL wrote this movie, there was no way he thought anyone would scrutinize his stupid dialogue as much as people here do! :lol

Also, I dont get the fanatacism with this U-Wing ship you guys keep talking about, its like its the damn holy grail. What the hell is so great about it? Its the ship from the Rebels tv show? BIg deal. Or is it something more? :confused

No the U-Wing is totally new.

The U boat seems like a pretty common(likely out of date/obsolete), troop transport ala, a Huey or Black Hawk.

The Death Star is a battlestation not a POW camp. I have no doubt all Rebels were taken onto other ships for turnover to specific Interrorgation Units or prisons, rather than the Death Star itself.

Whether they just followed the last trajectory of the Tantive IV or gained some info through interrogating the survivors of the battle, I do think that it probably took some time to track it down and Leia was completely playing an "I'm innocent, you got the wrong ship" card, even though the ship was probably already identified, based on the commonality of the corvette in use.

I've kind of always thought of Vader as a dog or hunter unleashed on specific targets after the Jedi were considered extinct. I don't think it was until the battle of Yavin he was either tasked or demanded/Commanded to search out the now, huge Rebel threat. I don't think they were considered a serious threat by the Empire until the events of R1 and ANH.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back