Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

IMO her face shows a lot of emotion even when she is not speaking. There were quite a few times you could tell she was emotional by her eyes and the way her mouth and cheeks moved. (Facial features showing emotion is quite typical in movies)

See, I was paying attention to what you were saying and thinking about it, but then why do yo have to cap it off with an insufferably douchy thing to say? I swear, people sure do love the veil of the internet when talking about things. :facepalm
Bryancd I know I missed out, but Im not saying that I hated the movie, I liked it, I just didnt like it as much as most of you guys did. For some, it was mind blowing, and I just dont understand. But something as objective as acting quality, Im just disagreeing with him. Why do you get so uppity when someone disagrees with someone? Isnt this a forum to discuss things? Im not trying to convince him he is wrong, I just dont understand where he is coming from, I thought that part of where I said "I dont get it" would convey that. What the hell is wrong with that? Jeez. And Bryancd, dont patronize me with that stupid smiley face man. I hate when you do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it I interesting that I agree with all the points that RLM make about rogue one and the TFA except for the verdict. I liked watching rogue one but did not like watching TFA.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

See, I was paying attention to what you were saying and thinking about it, but then why do yo have to cap it off with an insufferably douchy thing to say? I swear, people sure do love the veil of the internet when talking about things. :facepalm
@Bryancd I know I missed out, but Im not saying that I hated the movie, I liked it, I just didnt like it as much as most of you guys did. For some, it was mind blowing, and I just dont understand. But something as objective as acting quality, Im just disagreeing with him. Why do you get so uppity when someone disagrees with someone? Isnt this a forum to discuss things? Im not trying to convince him he is wrong, I just dont understand where he is coming from, I thought that part of where I said "I dont get it" would convey that. What the hell is wrong with that? Jeez. And Bryancd, dont patronize me with that stupid smiley face man. I hate when you do that.

Then don't lead with "Are you kidding me?!!!" That's effectively saying you are an idiot for thinking that. @NeoRutty wasn't a fan and has made various posts discussing his critical thoughts but without quoting people's thoughts and trying to argue. And @karmajay wasn't being douchey with that observation either.

I know you missed the TFA thread where a small handful of people refused to give up pointing out why anyone who has a positive comment were crazy but you are becoming that guy. :) You shared your thoughts, which is cool, but now you feel like you need to reply to people and convince them they are wrong.

Must be something in the water here in Whale's Vagina. ;)

But seriously, Bryancd, it's awfully hypocritical of you to call out Snikt for challenging the posts of others, when you went into, on a daily basis, the thread specifically created for those of us who didn't like TFA, to tell those members that they were wrong, that TFA was great.

So, snikt, don't listen to Bryan. Everyone here knows he's on Disney's payroll, to patrol the RPF and shut down the voices of members who dare to give bad reviews of their Star Wars movies. He thinks we don't know, but he's incredibly transparent.

The Wook

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jyn watching her Dad's hologram explanation hit me in the parental feels maybe more so then her being there for his death. I thought she projected the pain of realizing her anger towards her Dad was misplaced for so many years and now she may not have the opportunity to make that right with him.

The Jyn watching her Dad's hologram explanation hit me in the parental feels maybe more so then her being there for his death. I thought she projected the pain of realizing her anger towards her Dad was misplaced for so many years and now she may not have the opportunity to make that right with him.
Same here. I have two daughters.

(Can I get on the Disney payroll, too? PM me.)

I don't know, you were pretty hard on TFA. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you'll just have to wait. I need to go see it again, this time with a radar gun to measure the speed at which Vader walks, and then do cross-analyses with the speed of his gait in the OT.

The Wook

At least in the actual film that walk was much slower then what was shown in the trailer.

Then don't lead with "Are you kidding me?!!!" That's effectively saying you are an idiot for thinking that. @NeoRutty wasn't a fan and has made various posts discussing his critical thoughts but without quoting people's thoughts and trying to argue. And @karmajay wasn't being douchey with that observation either.

Yes, by saying "facial features showing emotion is typical in movies", is a very douchey thing to say, and if you dont think so well...maybe you are kinda douchey too in that regard? If it wasnt, why did karmajay edit it out of his original post?

Hey man, that wasnt my point at all, I just couldnt believe it. I know dascoyne is a smart guy, and I usually agree with him on 99 percent of what he says, so thats why I was baffled when he said that, cause I was the polar opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Must be something in the water here in Whale's Vagina. ;)

But seriously, Bryancd, it's awfully hypocritical of you to call out @Snikt for challenging the posts of others, when you went into, on a daily basis, the thread specifically created for those of us who didn't like TFA, to tell those members that they were wrong, that TFA was great.

So, snikt, don't listen to Bryan. Everyone here knows he's on Disney's payroll, to patrol the RPF and shut down the voices of members who dare to give bad reviews of their Star Wars movies. He thinks we don't know, but he's incredibly transparent.

The Wook

Yeah must be! :lol

Man. I really wished I didnt miss all TFA drama/thoughts on it. I was a member here, so I dont know how I missed it. Weird. Yeah, I dont usually listen to him anyway Wook, but thanks for the advice nonetheless. ;)

I edited it out so it would not be a 10 page argument on discussion protocol which has occurred plenty in other movie threads. Just easier to edit it and let others with more time spell it out. Thanks.

As a daughter, it about ripped my heart out. I had a lot of anger toward my adoptive father for a long time because we just didn't grok one another on several fundamental levels. So Jyn's revelation spoke to me as it mirrored my own discovery that he wasn't just a jerk, he was doing his best to protect me from painful truths in his past that he didn't want to inflict on me or my brother.

The hologram scene was a huge punch in the feels. Mads did a killer job delivering those lines in an emotional way, as well.

As far as the Jyn arc goes... it wasn't necessarily the fact that she DIED. It was more about how she LIVED. I felt the impact of Cassian and Jyn because both of them had lived such hard lives, and to go out so young, after what they did, with little recognition... wow, rough.

Yeah those facts made the end of ANH feel a little awkward to me now. Seeing Han and Luke up there getting medals with no recognition of all the people who died to get them there. Even the line "The plans provided by Princess Leia..." felt like a punch to the gut now.

Isn't that so true to life, though?

Unless you're there at the end, people seem to forget those who was involved.

I like to think that the Rogue Group title was given to the surviving red squadron members post-DS1 to commemorate the Rogue 1 members. They are essentially what led to the fighters in the trench run being able to do what they did, so to reorganize them as "Rogue Squadron/ Group" seems fitting.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back