The Fate of the Furious (Post-release)

Gimpdiggity

Master Member

These are my "guilty pleasure" movies...I love them, and I've been to every single one of them within the first few days of them coming out. The last four I've gone to with a friend from work, it's become kind of our tradition, so I'm sure we'll be going to see this one within the first few days of release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Fate of the Furious

i am so sick and tired of these movies... they have all been trash from the beginning. i cant believe dwayne johnson is still doing this... the one fast movie i think they did awesome was the 3rd one. i think its the 3rd film. Tokyo Drift. i think the film is a success to me because it places all those little japanese car's in their right place. not only that but also the original cast isn't involved with it.

instead of fighting huge super human, super strength, crime bosses, jumping around the room reaching heights only power rangers can hit, punching holes in cement walls... they are dealing with some mafia don's rich grandson. just makes it more believable for me. the only fast film i saw in theaters was FF7, i did it to pay respect to Paul Walker. even though i didnt like his films he did so much for the community, and was a real supporter for all kinds of animal protection groups. I didnt know him personally but from what i read i thought he was a good guy trying to give back.

a shame to see him go..

The F&F movies aren't the slightest bit stupider than many other popular movies around here.

Granted, having big muscles & driving a hot car does not fix ridiculous physics problems and plot holes.

But you know what else doesn't do that? Having big muscles & a superhero costume.

Oh lighten up, these are pure popcorn, check your brain at the door, Physics need not apply, fun. You want depth, watch some Vaunt Garde Swedish cinema with ancient Greek Subtitles. These moves are successful because given the stress of everyday life, it's nice to check out every now and then.

i am so sick and tired of these movies... they have all been trash from the beginning. i cant believe dwayne johnson is still doing this... the one fast movie i think they did awesome was the 3rd one. i think its the 3rd film. Tokyo Drift. i think the film is a success to me because it places all those little japanese car's in their right place. not only that but also the original cast isn't involved with it.

instead of fighting huge super human, super strength, crime bosses, jumping around the room reaching heights only power rangers can hit, punching holes in cement walls... they are dealing with some mafia don's rich grandson. just makes it more believable for me. the only fast film i saw in theaters was FF7, i did it to pay respect to Paul Walker. even though i didnt like his films he did so much for the community, and was a real supporter for all kinds of animal protection groups. I didnt know him personally but from what i read i thought he was a good guy trying to give back.

a shame to see him go..

Idunnnoooo....

So the first I think is STILL a good, simple flick... Fun. I saw in the theater and it was all I could do to not drive like a mad man all the way home.

Then I didn't see another until, I think, number 5... and that was "WTF?!?"

But I've watched the trailers, and read the stories behind all of them...

I LIKE what it's become, even though I'm still not able to get through the second one in my quest to watch them all...

I say I like it, because they had the balls to just keep upping the craziness... they get what they are... and I TRULY believe they're just trying to have fun at this point.

I mean a submarine is chasing them... how did they even get to that plot point in a story meeting...

And this could only end up with them racing rovers on Mars.

These are no different than any other action flick. Take em or leave em...

I typically enjoying watching them even though sometimes my eyes pop out of my head due to the level of action.

I feel like they're just at the limit of crazy action and testosterone fuelled moments to be still entertaining... But stuff like the upcoming Diesel's xXx film, that's just too much for me !

Only seen the first three. Really liked the first one.... that is about it.

#4 started a change in direction. They took a noticeable turn towards higher budgets/stars/quality. They are still popcorn movies but they're $150m ones instead of $50m.

They aren't teenage street racing movies at all now but more like ensemble cast 'caper' flicks. In one of the later movies they actually cut away from a street race & didn't bother showing it.

#5-6 were the best in the series. The series could have ended nicely then. #4-6 feel like sort of a trilogy.

They made a change to the timeline for a couple of reasons. #3 has been relocated to between #6-7.

I agree in that I watch them just for the entertainment value. Doesn't have to be an award-winning critical success to be still entertaining. It'll be interesting to see how many people go see it to see it without Paul Walker, but I'll admit there wasn't really any time in the trailer that I went "it's just not the same without him". Because as it was said, it's turned into it's own caper franchise, which is why flicks like Expendables and the like are working too. People like seeing that sort of over the top "dumb" movies - in that you turn your brain off, watch them for what they're made to be, and call it a night. I agree the first was decent, if it was still young for Walker and you could tell some of the acting was a little meh. But watch how he's gone from that movie, to his later ones, and you can see his comfort level increase dramatically and how much better he was at deliveries and such. But I don't think this movie will suffer from his absence. It'll do just fine at the office.

It's always amusing to see how many different spins they take on the bad guy trying to rule the world with different plots.

And since no one else mentioned it... WTF Dom? (I REALLY hope they keep secret what is motivating that twist and don't reveal it before it launches)

MY favorite part from I dont know which was when The Rock says "Daddy has to go to work" and he flexes and the cast on his arm explodes. :lol And people say all the cheese was left in the 80's...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes this franchise.

I'll admit that there are times when I roll my eyes at some of the action sequences...when Dom stomped his foot and caused the parking garage to finish breaking itself apart I was just like "Okay, whatever..." but I think that's kind of the point...for it to just be ridiculous over the top action.

It's definitely a "Leave Your Physics and Realism Rules at the Door" type of film, but sometimes there's nothing wrong with just some ridiculous action in exotic locations with some pretty crazy cars...

I just got back from seeing it tonight, and it was a lot of fun. The only thing that was really distracting was how obvious it was that Vin Diesel and The Rock were never, ever in the same shot together, even when they were in the same scene. I did not know going in that they had apparently been fighting on set, and even in my ignorance it really stuck out that they were avoiding each other.

I just got back from seeing it tonight, and it was a lot of fun. The only thing that was really distracting was how obvious it was that Vin Diesel and The Rock were never, ever in the same shot together, even when they were in the same scene. I did not know going in that they had apparently been fighting on set, and even in my ignorance it really stuck out that they were avoiding each other.

Wat? Vin Diesel is one of the nicest people in real life. I mean like, stop shake your hand make small talk and is always smiling. Ive never met The Rock. We were in Cuba flying in talent for Fate and Ill say the people that were on my plane were super nice and sent us a thank you note a few days later.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back