Duck Army

Osanagokoro

Hi there,

Well, it's my friend's birthday. He loves Duck Army, I know hearing that sound always cheers him up. I've spent a lot of time in the last 3 weeks trying to find a Squawkie Talkie as they seem to be discontinued. They were manufactured by Kyjen who are now Outward Hound. I've tried local sources and they were null. I've gone to the manufacturer and they seem intent on pretending I could just go with a ... doggie-life-jacket-thing.

eBay has yielded a bunch of people walking collector's prices for them and the only reasonable one I saw was from Norway. Or China. Both have shipping times of weeks and however long it takes to go through customs. I ordered the last one off a reseller on Amazon but that was 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received it. Amazon still says they have 1 left but that's bullocked up.

Here's the thing- I don't need the Squawkie Talkie itself. I'm looking for the mechanisms. The Squeaker bits. Anyone know where I could find those? Anyone have a Squawkie Talkie they mind checking the mechanism for a parts number on? Or familiar who made them? I have a wild idea I want to build for my friend using the squeakers.

I hope this is the right source for asking and hope someone can help. Thank you all and enjoy talking with you all!

I have to admit that I had no idea what Duck Army was when I read this :lol
So I looked it up.... I guess I need to keep up to date on new things. :lol

Best of luck... wish I knew more about this to offer advice.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back