heavily Modified Tomenosuke Blade Runner blaster

Thanks brotha! If you can find the right one, I totally recommend it. It increased the weight of the blaster noticeably and it actually gave it a hefty yet balanced feel.

Thanks again for your help with the grips!

Dude, you've done such a killer job on this! The cylinder is another thing I've wanted to address on mine. I love this blaster [emoji108][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

It actually showed up after I blued the barrel. I let some of the blueing solution residue sit on the barrel to get some speckle stains on it and they turned to rust. Somehow its not working the same way for the top receiver, so I'm still trying to figure out how to achieve the stains and rust on the top.

Nice rust on the barrel, did you do that somehow or was it already there?

The receiver is ZAMAK (I forget the exact number) which is a zinc alloy. It won't rust like the steel barrel. They make rust solutions that you can paint on, though, which could work!

Thanks for the info!! It's helps more than you would think!

The receiver is ZAMAK (I forget the exact number) which is a zinc alloy. It won't rust like the steel barrel. They make rust solutions that you can paint on, though, which could work!

Incredible job there Juan!!!

I wonder if you could give me a bit of extra info on those replacemente grips! : i just received my 10th anniversay Toime kit and I'd love to get a more accurate colored frips for the tome, I hope they can still be found...

Best regards and please keep us informed of you upgrades!!!

Thanks guys! I gotta say this blaster has been one of the most satisfying props to work with by far.

So I have yet another development, thanks to the info provided by veektohr about the material of the top receiver. I found a zinc blacking solution that gave me the results I was looking for. However I'll consider this more of a practice run as I gave it an all around coating to darken the entire receiver but it ended up dulling the finish a bit. As soon as I get my Birchwood Perma, I'm gonna re-polish all the parts of the receiver and blue it again. Once that's done I'll sprinkle the zinc solution like I did on this try to get the rusty spots that I was looking for.

Crapy cellphone pictures for now. I'll post better ones after I polish and re apply the bluing and rusting.

f311e2687b28c6cc075fc31c6df3c87d.jpg

4866774e64d04b23d289732a7b7479e6.jpg

eb304cad11a9758e6deed56ca5340a1f.jpg

05176d5c140ca9b68ed50ba27589beb2.jpg

fa6626654f119baca11bdc6eff1b66cb.jpg

a2c42292806c51aafee96a096862b711.jpg

12a43a87962aca8fbd5de7864903eb28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

What a transformation; that is looking beautiful!

Freakin awesome work @juajn7fernandez:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

So I dont have an account over at the Prop Summit activated yet. Does anyone know how to get a hold of the person doing the Steel cylinder run over there? I'm collecting pieces for another build and that cylinder would come in handy.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

His name's Don Parker. The first batch is closed, but I think he's doing a second one after it so I wouldn't worry too much. Didn't you put a real Bulldog cylinder in yours, though?

Thanks for the info once again brotha! Yup this one has a real .44 special cylinder. I'm collecting parts for an additional build. Already got another steel barrel, so I hope I can find a way to get one of those cylinders.

Also looking for a metal frame. I wonder if a Coyle frame would fit this Tomen.

His name's Don Parker. The first batch is closed, but I think he's doing a second one after it so I wouldn't worry too much. Didn't you put a real Bulldog cylinder in yours, though?

Aha, gotcha. I don't think either a Coyle or Sid receiver would work unfortunately. At least not in a way that would keep it functional in the way the Tomen is. I would just build the Coyle up as a Coyle if I had the chance. They look like fun kits. You could just buy a real Bulldog and put the Tomenosuke parts on it ;)

I'm seriously considering buying the real bulldog. I'm just not sure I want to got through the process of getting licensed as a gun owner.

Is it tough in PR? You don't need a license in the US. Even in states like CA, all you need is a safety card (ridiculously easy to get), money, and ten days to spare for the background check. I have a live-fire build I'm hoping to finish this year before the new movie. It's very daunting. So much machining involved!

I havent looked in to it yet but will have to soon get on that for this particular build. I just cant get over the plastic frame.

Is it tough in PR? You don't need a license in the US. Even in states like CA, all you need is a safety card (ridiculously easy to get), money, and ten days to spare for the background check. I have a live-fire build I'm hoping to finish this year before the new movie. It's very daunting. So much machining involved!

I'm thinking I'm gonna sign up for it as well. I will end up adding the steel barrel (which I already have the extra one for it) and the steel cylinder ( if I can get a hold of one), but I'll give it the as issued look. In which case the plastic frame wont bother me as much.

by their looks and all this chatting, starting to consider getting on that wait list for the Tomen Pro Ultimate... only 4 easy payments haha.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back