Question about commissioned deagostini falcon build

Hey Rick, I forgot I commented on this and just realized how dickish I was. I didn't mean to be. Sorry it didn't work out. I'm sure once it's finished you'll forget the hassles. Good luck man

What a con man,
lied to you about the work completed so you have to assume he lied about how long he spent on it. I dont see over a 100hrs in that. I dont see epoxy on the inside i see hot glue.
The paint job is horrible i mean REALLY bad. Luckily you managed to get it back before he covered it in yellow spots

People should realise, most of the stuff he produces , the hard work gets done by other folk and he simply assembles it, his last falcon paintjob was a mess and this one is even worse. He is average at best and this proves it.

Sorry you got screwed but i really need to consider doing commissions if this is how easy the money is.

Z

Yeah, I do no think he had the technical knowledge to do the interior with custom lighting and that's why he lied about being farther along in the project then he actually was. I have all the shaperways replacement part for the cockpit and cargo bay which I never sent to him. He was trying to get more money out of me by saying that he was going to have to redo the cockpit and cargo bay when we can all see nothing was really done that these shapeway parts could not have replaced. I did not realize how many people he ripped off. I have actual emails from him denying this and saying everyone was paid off or he had in place an agreement with them on resolving their issues. He's just a compulsive liar and needs to stay out of the prop making business as he does not know how to run a business, customer service and the difference between right and wrong. Sad really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive been in the same boat about work being at a certain stage and me finding out that it is not.

I would have done exactly the same as you and stopped everything. Being lied to shows zero respect and with me it gets zero respect in return.

The deagostini falcon will never be screen acurate no matter how many shapeways parts you throw at it, i can see hes made little effort to accurise it removing the molded on details. I get the impression hes just trying to wing it and hope you didn't notice or say anything.

a builder recently finished his with a small amount mods fully painted to a higher standard than what you have shown and he quoted 300hrs, so im calling BS on his estimate. its maybe 40% done at a push.

Hope you find someone with more respect and talent.

He posts on the FB Deagostini Build Page a list of things he did in he model. One was filing in the hull with puddy and sanding. I've gone over he hull carefully and cannot find the work he said he did. He did use a black marker or black paint to color in one laser blast, but it really looks like a black marker a 6 year old put on model. Not even sure what effect he was going for, who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not making excuses BUT... often unfinished weather looks like a 6 year old did it ;) sometimes finished weather does :eek

Sorry - not trying to make light of your plight. but it is often true that the models as filmed look pretty terrible... The fan recreations often have better paint then the originals - a lot more care went into them.

BTW I love the idea for your "this is no cave" diorama. after I build my DeAgo Falcon maybe I'll give you a ring and you can see what I build :)

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back