Ducktales 2017

Disney's art has gone to crap over the years when it comes to their shows. It isn't Ducktales without Alan Young as Scrooge.

I came home 3 o'clock Saved by the Bell, 3:30 Duck Tales 4 Darkwing Duck 4:30 Tail Spin. I miss those days.

On WPIX NYC.

back in the day where if you where on vacation and only had a small portable black and white tv at your disposale, you had to hope the wind shifted right to get it. or be lucky to pick up the philly signal with different time schedule.

I'll stick with my Carl Barks Scrooge comics. Those were the inspiration for Ducktales and, as expected, his stories were ripped apart for the series. So, while I will watch the original Ducktales cartoon, it is actually horrible in comparison to the original works of Master Barks.

check this out, i've had this figure since 1991. he was the chase figure 1 per box, i was lucky enough one day to be shopping at anne and hope with my mom when they were opening a box and i got him!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161211/fa5f034a328dada5477eb710d040b9f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The nostalgia is strong with this one ;)

I've had all of those. Being a kid that loves all things flying, you couldn't help but fall in love with TaleSpin.

Now, I really wanna know if anyone here on the board has made an accurate Sea Duck replica. I too had the toy plane, but always disliked how inaccurate it was.

is dr.who scottish, or english?

if scottish, how come the video we saw before sounds less scottish than allan?

https://youtu.be/zZek9PFMYOw

You mean David Tenant? He's Scottish but when he plays Dr. Who he uses a Received Pronunciation English accent because the Doctor is supposed to be English. It's not really uncommon for British, along with Australian & New Zealand, actors to use a different accent in their roles than their normal every day accent. I think that it's because the British/English accent differs so widely from region to region and from working class to upper class they learn how to do other accents so that they can sound region and/or class appropriate.

Last edited:
You mean David Tenant? He's Scottish but when plays Dr. Who he uses a Received Pronunciation English accent because the Doctor is supposed to be English. It's not really uncommon for British, along with Australian & New Zealand, actors to use a different accent in their roles than their normal every day accent. I think that it's because the British/English accent differs so widely from region to region and from working class to upper class they learn how to do other accents so that they can sound region and/or class appropriate.

ahh, Gotcha.

I love that they actually got a scottish guy to play him (go away, always on the hunt SJW poster, go away, let the adults talk ;o)).....but how come in that clip we saw above from that special, if that was indeed tennant, he sounded less scottish to me than alan did?

I don't know if alan was doing a parody of a scottish voice for american audiences, but i liked his better :).

ahh, Gotcha.

I love that they actually got a scottish guy to play him (go away, always on the hunt SJW poster, go away, let the adults talk ;o)).....but how come in that clip we saw above from that special, if that was indeed tennant, he sounded less scottish to me than alan did?

I don't know if alan was doing a parody of a scottish voice for american audiences, but i liked his better :).

It's because Tenant's accent isn't the sort of Scottish brogue that we think of when think of a Scottish accent. I think that most Scots don't have as thick of an accent as we're used to hearing on TV & in movies, but I'm sure that it also depends on where from Scotland they're from as well. Just like England, I'm sure that the Scottish accent varies from region to region with the southern portion probably sounding more English than others.

understood.

my first impression of the voice, while not knowing who did it, was that it was their impression of what they THINK a ascottish accent should sound like :)
where as something in say, How To Train Your Dragon and voices like Stoic are more recognizable while not being overtly cartoonish. (please tell me i'm remembering my accents right.. it's been a while ;o) )

understood.

my first impression of the voice, while not knowing who did it, was that it was their impression of what they THINK a ascottish accent should sound like :)
where as something in say, How To Train Your Dragon and voices like Stoic are more recognizable while not being overtly cartoonish. (please tell me i'm remembering my accents right.. it's been a while ;o) )

Well, Gerard Butler, who voiced Stoic, is Scottish but I'm not sure if he used his natural accent in the role or not since I don't think I've seen him in a movie where I can say for certain that he was using his natural accent.

A good example of a Scottish accent from another Scottish actor from How to Train Your Dragon is Craig Ferguson, you can really hear it on his talk show. He's also another example of how a Scottish actor can speak with an English accent for a different role because he used an English accent during his stint on the Drew Carey Show.

Well, Gerard Butler, who voiced Stoic, is Scottish but I'm not sure if he used his natural accent in the role or not since I don't think I've seen him in a movie where I can say for certain that he was using his natural accent.

A good example of a Scottish accent from another Scottish actor from How to Train Your Dragon is Craig Ferguson, you can really hear it on his talk show. He's also another example of how a Scottish actor can speak with an English accent for a different role because he used an English accent during his stint on the Drew Carey Show.

exactly. THAT is pretty clear cut recognizable...

exactly. THAT is pretty clear cut recognizable...

I think that it ultimately boils to down to where the actor if from along with their education and overall up bringing. As I mentioned previously, Britain has a wide range of accents that vary greatly from region to region and social class to social class. Many English people don't speak with what we commonly think of as an English accent, the so-called BBC or received pronunciation accent, many from the northern parts of England will sound almost Scottish.

ahh, Gotcha.

Aye, laddie, ‘e was doin’ an ov’rly pr’nounced accent ‘cause t’wouldnae be proper tae ‘spect ‘Mericans tae rec’nize a proper Scots accent.

I, for one, am thrilled to see Tennant doing more work with his proper accent.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back