Nexus Snowspeeder

Gans

Sr Member
Just wondering did anyone here ever get a Nexus Snow Speeder???
I haven't seen any built up, just wondering if they did ever get sold

yes,i have one.
awsome kit,really accurate and excellent castings.
highly recommend it and no have not built it yet.:)

I picked up one maybe 3 years ago. Kit is phenomenally made. A lot of detail and figures are super. However I received some instructional info from Rod via email that is lost to time and can’t seem to get ahold of him to resend . If anyone has this info. Much appreciated, it was just a couple odds and ends that I am sure I can sort however. I am getting it together to start this kit finally. I have been content just sitting through the parts and admiring the craftsmanship all this time.

No, I never got a response. I will email again. They were just basics about decals and the measurements for the metal tubing on the cannons if I remember correct . I just lost that email 2 laptops ago. I can take parts to the hardware store to get the correct diameter tubing and then eyeball the measurements and carry on. I stared at the kit this long , may be twice as long on the build haha

Here you go mate :)
From my email many years ago

Here are some important tips for building the Snowspeeder:

To correctly understand the tips, please take a look to the pic I sent you with the name of the parts:

The thread of the bolt inside the pilots seat is standard camera thread. You can use a security camera stand
to exhibit the model.

1-The gunner console should be glued to the rear cockpit before gluing it to the fuselage.

2-You must glue the cockpit before gluing the Main Repulsor Units (the big parts where the guns start)
(Look at the pic for the parts names)

3-The Laser Generators have a resin cylinder at the tip that seem to be extra resin. They are not. They are
there for you to glue the bronze tubes over them.

4-You need to buy a KS 5/16 bronze tube for the guns. They should be 8,8 cms long.

6-The Guns body is longer than the space between the Main Repulsor units and the Laser Generator Units.
They need to be sanded at the base, were it connects to the Main repulsor unit. I did a first mold with
the exact size but they came out short every time I casted them.

7-Paint the control panels before gluing them to the fuselage. I sent you a pic of how I painted mine but
it is just to give you an idea.

8-Don't leave the decals too much time in the water, just a few seconds is enough. This printed decals, even though
they received a good cote of lacquer, tend to loose ink if they are left too long in the water. You've got extra decals

9-The cooling fins have slightly different sizes. The Harpoon Cooling fin goes in the middle, with 3 Large cooling fins
to each side, followed by two medium size fins and one small fin at the end.

No worries mate I have the pic still from email and will see if I can upload it for you in a week or so when I get home

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back