Drawing File for Steel Blade Runner Blaster Barrel

DaveG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First, let me say that the timing of this post with the Admin's posts regarding the other Barrel Interest thread are purely coincidental. I had said that I would post the drawing for the my steel replacement barrel for the Tomensuke blaster for anyone to use. Access to the hard drive on which the file was stored came back last weekend so here it is.

These are the dimensions that I used for my run of barrels a couple years back. Anyone that got one of those barrels can tell you they fit perfectly. The tolerances of the various tapped holes and the relationship to the slot in the rear plug are critical so take care setting them up. Of note is that the slot in the rear plug is intentionally wider than the metal plate in the receiver around which it fits. This is to allow a little bit of rotational adjustment as the embedded plates are not always set squarely to the frame.

I am providing this file for free and clear use. Make one for yourself, make 1000 for sale. I don't care and I don't want anything for the use of the file. (Okay, if you make a thousand send me one!). I would request that you charge a fair price, both for the buyer and for yourself. I charged $50 each for my barrels, that was probably half what I should have charged. $100 a barrel would be a more than fair price considering the 24 odd machining steps these take to make.

Have a better one.
DaveG

Steel%20Barrel_zps56ld5nf6.jpg

No worries. I'm hoping someone will do a run of these. I get inquires almost every month from people wanting a steel barrel. And now that Adam Savage and Tested have shown off their builds with steel barrels there is certain to be more interest.

I'll see how much a small run of the barrel would cost here in Brazil. I recently bought a Tomen and will replace the barrel as soon as it arrive.

Get back to you soon.

These are the dimensions that I used for my run of barrels a couple years back. Anyone that got one of those barrels can tell you they fit perfectly. The tolerances of the various tapped holes and the relationship to the slot in the rear plug are critical so take care setting them up.

Since I don't have my Tomen yet, and I really don't know much about technical drawings, can you illuminate me on what side of the barrel are theses drawings?

My understanding is that the top drawing is a side view (with the gun pointing to the right, of course) and the bottom one is a top view.

Also, the barrel is not mirrored, so there is a tapped hole only on one of the sides. This hole is not centered and is perpendicular, not drilled in at an angle.

Am I correct?

I´m looking for a good machinist here in Brazil. I believe it will be cheaper to fabricate a whole bunch here.

The top drawing is a side view with the muzzle pointing right. The left view is a mirror with the tapped hole as well. The bottom drawing is a bottom view. The M6 tapped hole is for the machine screw that secures the post to the barrel.

The tapped holes in the sides are in fact not on the centerline but are perpendicular to the view, not to the surface of the barrel.

I would strongly recommend you get a Tomenosuke in your hands before building a barrel to fit it. If you make the barrel to match my dimensions exactly it will fit perfectly, but it's nice to have the real thing on hand to guide you.

Oh, another note... once you cut the plastic barrel off the Tomenosuke (notice, there is a zinc plate cast into it) the fit of the steel barrel is based on milling or filing the the face of the frame exactly square and flush.

Last edited:
Ow. OK. Thanks!

Taking in consideration that my Tomen will arrive probably around March (I'm drown since September on paper work necessary to import a gun replica to Brazil. But I think it's necessary), I'm just checking for prices right now.

Any way. Thanks once again.

Enviado de meu XT1572 usando Tapatalk

I also bought a pro. If all goes well, mine is gonna be delivered around March.

I'm gonna wait until my pro arrives and then get the barrel machined in steel. If you don't mind waiting, I can get a whole batch made.

First poster here. Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but a BR blaster is at the top of my want list right now and I'd like to know if it's possible to get a Tomenosuke at retailer (or almost retailer) price nowadays, or if there's any word on a second run with a sequel in the horizon. Thanks in advance.

Awesome, many thanks for sharing your drawing DaveG :thumbsup

Does somebody know if those measurements do fit an OffWorld Blaster?
Thanks in advance for your Feedback :D

I have one of Dave's barrels In an off world blaster. but you have to drill the revolver body big time wide. and the side holes don't line up. basicly have mine glued In with fake bolt heads. until I can replace It and put Dave's berel In my tomenosuke ...

Thanks for sharing... :)

The gun is something I've wanted since I saw that video Adam did where he showed off all of his. Now I can start with at least making a barrel. I'll make one from some aluminum I have for s..ts and giggles since I don't have any steel and the supplier is closed until Tuesday... not doing anything else for new years eve, so....

I'll post up a thread when I cut one.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back